Quantcast

Mizuu Beta - Media Manager Interface( Similar to XBMC)

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by Djinn5150, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

Just came accros this app and thought I would share....it is a beta so beware. Shortly I will be posting a quick video demo of it running on my LG G2. Its pretty nice so far.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miz.mizuu_beta

Mizuu does NOT give you free movies or TV shows. It's a media management applicationThese builds represent early and unfinished versions of Mizuu. The purpose of the public beta test is to ease the development and get early user feedback. The builds should be used solely for testing purposes.
    Compared to the current release version of Mizuu, the builds will have bugs and they will have missing features. They'll also be incompatible with some devices. If yours is one of them, please make sure to tell me, so I can look at it.
    POST YOUR FEEDBACK
    It's extremely important that you provide me with feedback when using the beta versions, and it's likewise important that you report any potential application crashes. One of the purposes of the beta test is to iron out bugs, so it's essential that you inform me of these.
    TRY THE LATEST CHANGES
    Please be sure to try out any changes in new builds and report feedback, bugs and issues. Also, be sure to include the version number of the build you’re using. I may not always be able to respond to feedback, especially not if someone else has already reported the same thing, but I read everything and any help is much appreciated.
    KNOWN ISSUES
    - Some features aren't working with network files
    - Widgets aren't working as expected
    UPCOMING STUFF
    - UI changes and improvements
    - Much more that I can't remember right now :)
    OTHER NOTES
    - You can replace the default blue background with custom background images by placing two images in data/com.miz.mizuu on your device’s default storage partition.
    It’s recommended that you use images of the same resolution as your device’s screen resolution, and you’ll need an image for both landscape and portrait screen orientation.
    The images need to be named miz_bg_land.jpg (landscape) and miz_bg_port.jpg (portrait) to work.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

Its kinda shaky but it is what it is...Enjoy

Really Liking this so far. It does utilize an external player as well, I opted to use the ViMu player and it seems to be working great.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

That is really fast, I am going to have to try it. Do we have any idea what Mizuu will cost when it is ready for release? I love the ViMu player although I don't have much in the way of local files to play with it but I think it is the best player to use for Hulu with PlayOn.

4. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

Well if you do a search on google play there is a "non" beta version that is free... not sure if IT will install on GTV though. I am enjoying it so far, but it hasn't been able to finish a scan yet on my media...around 2 TB I imagine thats why.

5. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

Is this an app specifically developed (optimized) for Google TV or it happens to be compatible with GTV?

6. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

Couldn't say for 100% becuase it is "compatible with all my devices" but it is behaving very well with the d-pad, Occasionally the cursor loses focus and i have to use the pointer, but other then that it looks beautiful to me. That being said if you have a large library it can drop out on indexing.