Quantcast

Mini PC Android navigator flash problems

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by hanzo, Aug 28, 2012.

1. hanzo

hanzo New Member

Hi

I have not found another subforum best for this so sorry if it goes here

The mess, I recently purchased a mini dealextreme media center pc tv for android,

model: [h=1]GV-16 Mini Android 4.0 Network Multi-Media Player w/ WiFi / HDMI / USB / TF / LAN - White (4GB)[/h][h=1][/h]OS Android 4.0.4
    Chipset BOXCHIP A10
    Processor Frequency Cortex A8 1.2GHZ
    RAM 1GB DDR III
    Internal Memory 4GB

This is information that gives me TVBox

Kernel version: 3.08
    Android version 4.04
    number of compilation: crane_tvbox-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120714 test-keys

The issue is that the tvbox in question does not go bad just that the web browser is closed every few minutes when I open pages with Flash content

Keep a android 4.0.4 I tried with several browsers, dolphin, firefox ... all the same when I open a page with flash, hangs and then displays the application has stopped working and closes

I tried a couple of things:

Uninstall the Flash plugin installed by default leading (v11)

factory reset the pileup erasing all

Do not look any hardware problem, it's actually quite powerful and the websites should move smoothly

Let's see if anyone can give me any advice on what I can do, because if you do not return or

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

This is a Google TV forum, not the best place to look for help with that box since it isn't Google TV but can you install a later version of Flash? You mentioned you uninstalled the existing version but I am not sure what you did next. It sounds like the version of Android you are running won't work with the version of Flash used, in fact may not work with Flash period.

3. hanzo

hanzo New Member

Sorry, I've been looking for information in forums and this seemed to me appropriate, sorry if it is not.

After uninstalling the version of flash probe to visit the pages to see if the flash content but not working, but the same thing happened. The problem is that now google not play the official version of flash.

How can I install a version of flash?

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I believe the factory default Flash version in these android boxes are either 10.1, 10.2, or 10.3 (depending on your particular android box and firmware). I have seen none of them come with Flash 11 as the default Flash version. There is a reason for this. Flash 11 doesn't have hardware acceleration support in these devices. The AllWinner 10 chip is not the most powerful chip - however with hardware acceleration it can probably play Flash OK. Without it will probably struggle with software decode only.

There is a reason that these boxes ship with the Flash version that they do. They have been tested with the firmware/processor. I would advise doing a factory reset and going back to the default Flash version. If that still doesn't work well, then the manufacturer of your android TV box needs to put out a firmware update to fix the issue.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  6. hanzo

hanzo New Member

Hi, thanks a lot for you answer

When resetting the box to factory defaults, then started using version 11.1 again ...

I tried to uninstall the version 11.1 and version 10.3 installed manually.

Keep going the same, for example, open a sports news website that has embedded flash videos, when I go by scrolling down comes a time to get stuck and closes the application (with the default browser and dolphin)

What I can do?