Quantcast

Mini IR Blaster only works in Test Mode

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by Plasticman, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Plasticman

Plasticman New Member

Hi,
    I have on old Sony AV receiver. I have managed to work out which code (R2172) controls the AVR. However the mini-IR blaster only works if I go into settings and go through the setup up steps for controlling the AVR with the IR blaster and using the code in test mode. Once I confirm that the code (R2172) is the right code and exit settings, I can no longer control the AVR via the IR blaster.

2. CtrlAltJack

CtrlAltJack New Member

I'm having the same issue with both an Onkyo receiver and an LG tv. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the Sony Google TV, not the other things.
    Has anyone found a way to fix this problem?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  3. Plasticman

Plasticman New Member

The Sony helpline solved my problem by getting me to set the audio output to go through the AV receiver and not the TV.

4. blackberrycubed

blackberrycubed New Member

Can you elaborate on this ? How did that fix the IR blaster ????

5. Plasticman

Plasticman New Member

Sorry, but I don't know why it worked. Since the Mini IR blaster worked in test mode I assumed that the blaster was probably not faulty and that maybe there was a software problem/conflict somewhere. Once I was directed to go into settings and changed the audio output for the TV from the TV's speakers to the AV receiver, I could then turn the AV receiver on an off, as well as control the volume without being in test mode. I think possibly if the TV's audio output is not directed to the AV receiver the NSZ-GS7 thinks that there is no AV receiver connected to the TV so it won't send IR signals for controlling the AV receiver, except in test mode. Seems a plausible theory.