Quantcast

Mi Box $69 at Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Android TV' started by ChickenBaconSwiss, Oct 23, 2016.

1. ChickenBaconSwiss

ChickenBaconSwiss New Member

I just picked up one of these units and I'm liking a lot better than my Logitech Revue (GoogleTV) Outside of specs, (It does have a quad core processor, and 8GB of internal storage) here are some pros and cons ...
    It has Googlecast formally Chromecast
    It runs on Android 6.0 for build for Android TV
    It supports the usual apps, Netflix, Hulu, Showtime, Starz, HBO, etc.
    You can side load apps on it.
    Games like SimCity BuildIt aren't on the PlayStore yet but I was able to sideload them from an APK website I trust and they load fine.

The Remote is kind of poorly designed, I keep powering off the unit into standby mode because I'm used to my Roku remote
    Cannot control games with OEM Remote
    Comes with Remote Only but my Logitech K400r works
    I have some issues with voice search, Voice search on the Home/Launcher screen does not search AndroidTV Store.
    No Ethernet Port, WIFI only, only one USB port but of course more can be added with a USB Hub.
    Default Launcher is poorly designed but there are a couple free ones on the Android TV PlayStore.
    Only 4GB of Storage; the OS uses the other half, but can be expanded with a USB Flash Drive
    I can't comment on the 4K quality as I only have a regular HDTV.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. rbrock35091

rbrock35091 New Member

I have had mine for about 6 months I love it. 100 times better than my google tv. Sideloaded apks work pretty good.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk