Quantcast

Media player in update won't play files...

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by strack, Nov 2, 2011.

1. strack

strack New Member

I have the sony blu ray player, and it will navigate to my DLNA server (using amahi / minidlna) just fine, but when I go to select a file to play, the screen come up like it's getting ready to load but never does.

This never happened with GTV v1. It's only since the new update.

any advice?

2. gtv_brown

gtv_brown New Member

Are you still experiencing this issue?

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

One of the problems you may be experiencing with DLNA servers and the new update is the new DLNA profile and capabilities. If your server associates the new Media Player inappropriately, it could be transcoding your movies into an incompatible format. First thing, I would check is to play the files locally through USB drive. If it plays then the file does not need to be transcoded and your DLNA server is probably transcoding it to an incorrect format. You might then check with the software developer if they can add the new DLNA client profile to their server software.

4. George

George New Member

Good answer.. I have an issue like this.. I will try it later... I know I had to change things to make it work for me.. I could not play a single mkv file last night with sound working in it..

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That makes sense, it is probably getting incompatible audio stream from within the MKV container. Do you know which codec the audio stream was encoded in the original file?

6. gtv_brown

gtv_brown New Member

If any of you guys have files that worked before and no longer work (after receiving v2), please try to send a link to those files to me via private message. I can pass it on to our engineers so they can try to research the issue. Thanks!

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You realize most people are playing their backups of their copy protected content and if they were to share those files with you then they would be breaking Federal copy protection laws. Not to mention most of these files will be in the upwards of a gigabyte in size.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate and less of a strain if you use the output of a program like Media Info to determine the container format and the encoded audio and video streams? I swear, if you're really from Google, and this how their thought process for troubleshooting then I don't see too much of a future for Google TV.

8. strack

strack New Member

I'm glad this thread is going somewhere for another reason. After chatting with sony support, I did the old trusty ctrl+ alt+ delete and voila. Hope others find solutions to their problems as well. Thanks everyone for the interest in helping.

9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I think this is a better thread in regards to the topic: "http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...layer-will-not-play-files-old-one-played.html" Especially, since someone is actually identifying the issue. (of course that someone is me but can you blame me?)