Quantcast

media player app?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by im5049, May 3, 2014.

1. im5049

im5049 New Member

Is there an app for the Revue that will play FLAC files gaplessly? I have all of my CDs ripped to FLAC and stored on my PC in a separate room, and am streaming them to my system through the Revue. The Revue connects to my PC and media server, but the player app I am using (Plex) does not have gapless playback.
    Is there one for the Revue, or am I out of luck?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't know the solution to the problem but two other media player apps to try are aVia and ViMu. I think the issue may be the Revue doesn't support FLAC so the PC and Plex server are actually doing the job. I think native support for FLAC gapless playback is probably required. The developer of the ViMu player app is a member here and will have a technical understanding of the issues involved and I am sure can give an actual answer to the question so asking the question in the ViMu player thread is my recommendation. I still don't have much in the way of music files, I play CD, DVD-A and SACD using an Oppo universal player. I do use the ViMu player app and can recommend it as a great Google TV media player app but can't even guess if it will handle your needs.

3. im5049

im5049 New Member

Thanks. The FLAC files do play, but your are right, I don't know what is doing it - the Plex server on my PC or the Plex app on the Revue. Other players play the FLAC files (Bubbleupnp, Logitech Media Player, Sony Blu-Ray embedded player, etc.) but none do it gaplessly. I have also tried other servers on my PC - Universal Media Server, Serviio, KooRaRoo - bu no combination yields gapless play.
    This whole issue is very confusing - what is actually playing the file, transcoding, rendering, etc.

4. edrebber

edrebber New Member

If you put some flac files on a usb stick and plug the stick into the review and try to play the files, then that might give you more insight.