Quantcast

Masters Golf Tournament

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by ChrisG8, Apr 10, 2014.

1. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

CBSSports.com still works using generic user agent. I am watching the Amen Corner feed now but plan to have two Google TV boxes running, one following one of the other channels. It is too cumbersome switching from one browser feed to another, switching HDMI inputs is easy. I think this afternoon ESPN3 will have coverage, I will use Roku for that but Roku apparently has nothing for the CBSSports feeds, at least I couldn't find anything. The Roku CBSSports.com channel has only news clips or stories on the Masters.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ChrisG8

The Masters.com site works also and has a picture in picture function, allowing easy switching between feeds. I could not figure out how to eliminate the black border around the screen with advertising and other information and picture quality didn't appear to be as good as CBSSports.com.

3. ChrisG8

Things have changed, this time I am watching the Masters with a rooted Hisense Pulse and some goofy user agent. If I try an unrooted Google TV, with any user agent I have tried so far, it gives me a message I must upgrade to Flash 11.1. I don't understand this since the Hisense Pulse rooted or not, doesn't have Flash 11.1 but I guess it has spoofed the site into thinking it is something that doesn't require Flash and can access a different streaming source. I am using this link with the Hisense Pulse.

Watch - 2015 Masters Tournament

Beats me how this is working, but at least I can watch it. I am going to goof around with an unrooted Google TV to see if I can figure something out but if someone more technically inclined has an explanation, I would like to see it.

4. ChrisG8

Here is the user agent that works with the rooted Google TV.

(Linux; Android 4.0.4; Galaxy Nexus Build/IMM76B) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.133 Mobile Safari/535.19

I just found it and thought well maybe this will work, not having any idea what I was doing.

5. ChrisG8

I went back to the site with a stock Google TV using that user agent and I can view the highlights, the day's play is over now. I think I probably forgot to restart the box after updating the user agent, which probably meant I didn't really change the user agent. I need several feeds tomorrow as well so I hope I can get a Sony NSZ-GT1 able to access Masters streaming.

Airplay from iOS devices to Apple TV works great, Chromecast got a message it was blocked but I only tried the CBS Sports.com site, didn't try Masters.com.