Quantcast

Market App Not Working At All

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by CMurua, Nov 23, 2011.

1. CMurua

CMurua New Member

I have searched high and low on the web and I cannot find anything or anyone with the same problem so I have ended up here. Everything else on my Sony 40" Google TV(Bought 11/22/11) works fine. Youtube, Chrome, Netflix,, Pandora, etc... When I select the Market it goes through its loading screen and after sitting for a long time gives a pop up that says the connection has timed out. I am assuming it may be a wifi problem or router set up but I would have no clue how to fix it. It's just weird that everything else works fine. I have reset the TV to factory defaults and I am up to date with the latest update. Anyone else have or heard of this problem and have a fix for it??

Thanks!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Scoot had somewhat similar problems with the Android Market on the Sony Internet TV. I wonder if something the troubleshooting process discuess in this thread my help your issue: ( http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-apps/3289-not-showing-up-market-2.html#post18314 )

• Like Like x 2
  3. gtv_brown

gtv_brown New Member

Does the problem happen when connecting via ethernet cable?

Could you try adding another account to your device to see if that solves the issue?

• Like Like x 2
  4. CMurua

CMurua New Member

Scoot's thread was one of the first and only things that I could find that was even similar to my problem. I read all of the threads in his or her post before posting my own. Scoot's problems are not being able to download apps from the market and wondering why his or her device does not show up in the online market store. My problem is that my market app on my Google TV does not even work. I cannot get to the point of downloading apps. When I try to open the market store it gives me the loading screen and then goes black. If I come back there is a pop up that says exactly, "There was problem loading the page. Please check your internet connection and try again." Everything else that involves the internet on the TV works with no problems. I just tried what gtv_brown said to do and it still did not work. Tried a wired connection and switched accounts, I have two gmail email addresses. Actually I tried the market app without being signed into an account and it prompted me to sign in or create an account. I signed in to my google account to see if it would maybe recognize my account and to no avail the same problem. Still scratching my head here.:(

• Like Like x 2
  5. CMurua

CMurua New Member

I tried an ethernet connection as you stated to try and it still did not help. Also, I did turn off the wifi connection before I did so. I tried signing into my other gmail email and it still did not work. I also tried opening the market in the TV without being signed into an account and it prompted me to do so. So I signed in and again it would not load. As I have said before, everything that involves the internet the TV works just fine. The market is the only problem I am having with the TV. Otherwise I am very happy with it.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Try changing your DNS servers to point at Google's instead of using your ISP. It could be that your ISP has old cache in their DNS server or you are being spoofed. Either way could cause you to be misdirected. Also, what Build Number does it say on GTV Settings > About > Build Number?

• Like Like x 2
  7. CMurua

CMurua New Member

So I set up a static IP address on my router with the Google DNS servers and bingo!!! It works! I can finally get to the market and download apps. And the build number is: 2011111_AAC_ORSC.20111114111323 Before I liked my Google TV, now I love it!

• Like Like x 2
  8. gtv_brown

gtv_brown New Member

Hi CMurua,

When you were experiencing the issue, do you know if you had IP sharing with NAT (network address translation) enabled?

Thanks!

9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Seriously? What router doesn't employ IP sharing with NAT? How else are you going to share a single public IP address with many private network clients?

10. carl

carl New Member

How do I set up this static ip? My market wont load either....

11. CMurua

CMurua New Member

Well that depends... You would need to find out if your internet provider uses a static IP address for your internet, or does it change. I fixed my problem with a static IP address but then I figured out that Cable One, my internet provider, changes the IP address they use for my internet every night. So setting an IP address worked for me for one day. After doing some research on it I found out that they only provide statice IP addresses for businesses. Why? No clue. So after switching back to a non static IP address I though I was SOL, but the Market app just started working after about a week.:D

I am not an internet/router/IP address expert, but I muddled my way through it. Find out if your IP address provided by your internet provider is a static one. I am not home at the moment and it will be a day or two before I could look at my router to see what I did.