Quantcast

Manual Update?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Craysh, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Craysh

Craysh New Member

Is there perchance an update we can download, throw in a USB drive and manually update our revue?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Maybe, but... you're going to have to wait for GTVhacker for that. I believe there are a lot of people with the developer leaks who want that badly right about now.

3. Craysh

Craysh New Member

I haven't rooted nor installed the dev honeycomb, so I'm eligible for the normal one. I guess I was just hoping for a quick fix.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I know, I felt the same way too with the Sony Internet TV update. I'm really looking forward to it for the Revue because that's my primary device. The NSX-24GT1 is sitting in the guest room doing nothing most of the time. Anyways, from my experience just do whatever you need to do to let the time pass quickly and it'll come soon enough for you. There's really no way to rush it and it will only compound your anxiety if you try.

5. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I got an idea...

If everybody shuts their Revues off, maybe I will get mine faster!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

I tried to help you out, mine was off all day.

7. gaetanlondon

gaetanlondon New Member

As Logitech doesn't take responsibility for revue outside the US (roll out to US only), they refer to Google to get the update. I am in Europe and not keen on rooting (not a technical person).... Any idea on how I will get the update as I don't see who at Google will bother sorting this out.

Thanks

8. mcd2000

mcd2000 Active Member

I am also outside US. But I really doubt, that Logitech will be filtering devices by IP address or smth like that.

9. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

I'm outside US to, I received all previous update so I don't see why this time it will be different. But in case they filtered IPAddress, I already have a US VPN so I will connect my cell phone on the VPN and create a mobile access point for my GTV... and I hope it will works.

10. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

I just tried with Connectify, install it on your laptop and it create a wifi hotspot.
    1-Connect your laptop (Or a PC with a Wifi adapter) to a VPN (StrongVPN via openVPN still not free but cheap)
    2-Open Connectify and choose TAP-Wind32 for the Internet source.
    3-Connect your GTV by wifi to your Connectify Hotspot.
    I now have access to pandora, Netflix.com, so I'm almost certain that will be one of the way to get the update outside the US.
    Thanks.

11. tamanaco

tamanaco New Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  12. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yeah, with the reports of people bricking their Revues because of it, I wonder why anyone wouldn't wait for the officially OTA process. Or, at least wait until GTV Hacker can iron out the process to be more reliable. If you were patient enough to wait this long, it wouldn't be prudent to rush the process now. Especially, now that you know its only a few days away.

13. tamanaco

tamanaco New Member

Just saw those reports... that's why in my post I warned everyone and QUOTED "supposed" and in parenthesis (Install at your own Risk) - I'm still waiting for the OTA, but if I had seen reports of successful flashes, I might have installed it myself. I'll test stuff, but not until some more daring folks take the plunge first and report good results.

14. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

Well, If these so called testers are bricking there revues, we will get the OTA even faster.

15. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The "build.prop" file inside of this package indicates the build version is "KA2X-20111123.091818.user-b61925" which means it was built November 23rd, 2011. Not sure if this is the same version that Logitech is going to be deploying OTA but at least it is some information. Take it for whatever it is worth.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Craysh

Craysh New Member

Wow... Imagine the backlash if they've sat on the release since November 23rd.

• Like Like x 2
  17. frmorrison

frmorrison New Member

The 23rd is the build date, and it was released yesterday. Ignoring the Thanksgiving holiday, that means it was tested 8 working days. That doesn't seem bad.

18. HeatherA

HeatherA New Member

It didn't take long for it to become available. I'm now running an official 3.1 build. Thank goodness. No difference that I can tell from the debug version.

19. HeatherA

HeatherA New Member

It didn't take long for it to become available. I'm now running an official 3.1 build. Thank goodness. No difference that I can tell from the debug version.

20. acles003

acles003 New Member

Can anyone report successfully manually installing the Honeycomb update? Willing to try it out if other people have done so without issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk