Quantcast

Major issues with NSX-40GT1

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by ace008, Feb 21, 2014.

1. ace008

ace008 New Member

Hi,

I was noticing some issues with apps not opening correctly, crashing etc. So I reset the TV by unplugging and plugging it in again. Now, the wi-fi and audio doesn't work. The wifi is stuck "Turning on". It does not find any wifi networks. Ethernet still works. The TV speakers no longer work and I have to use external speakers from the headphone port. Also, the TV resets itself if I turn it off for a couple hours and I have to run through the setup menus again (ie. is your tv for home/retail, setup internet, tv channels) I tried a factory reset and it didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

you can press CTRL+ALT+Break on your Sony remote to do a soft reset on your google tv so no need to damage it by unplugging it and plugging it back in.

If you have anything plugged in the USB ports of the google tv , remove them. Sometimes hard drives, etc will cause this problem as well as other stuff.

Try then to reset the google tv to factory defaults like normal and when it asks you if you want to restore the tv from a backup say no as maybe one of the apps in your backed up google account is messed up and by skipping the restore settings from backup you wont have it doing the same thing over and over.

If you can't reset the google tv to factory defaults try accessing the recovery mode using the method in this thread http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-major-issues/1866-white-screen.html but make sure you have your sony remote and it is paired with the tv before doing it or you may run in to problems.

3. ace008

ace008 New Member

I tried a factory reset and am still having the same issues. If I go into recovery mode, do I need the files to reinstall the OS? Where can I find the files at?

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

The recovery mode will let you do a factory reset if you can't get to the menu on the google tv like usual and reset it that way is all it does.

No need to have any files to reinstall the os as the recovery mode will just do the same thing as a factory reset but is used when you reset it normally.

Did you turn the tv off and check the usb ports for any thing left in them and then try resetting the tv

Also are you trying to connect to wifi while the ethernet is plugged in as I know some folks that have problems doing this and then find the wifi works without problems once they unplug the ethernet cord and try getting wifi to work again like normal.

5. ace008

ace008 New Member

Hi,

I don't have anything plugged into the USB ports on the TV. So I got into recovery mode, and tried to do a system recovery. Half way through it, it crashed and came up with a error. My TV is now stuck in recovery mode when I power it on. Please help. Is there anyway to get out of recovery mode? It looks like its bricked.

6. ace008

ace008 New Member

Tried to download and reflash with USB and the same thing happens. It crashes in the middle of the update. I emailed Sony, and technician said it might need to get repaired now. Any other ideas I can try to get it working? I see some boards on sale at EBay. If I try to replace it myself, which part would it most likely need replacement after a failed update?

7. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I am not sure what parts you would need to fix it as most of the time a factory reset would fix the problems I had with my model of the device.

I would not pretend to know what hardware to suggest you buy based on what is happening. You may need to have it get repaired to get it working again and at that point I would seriously think of watching for something to replace it as I ended up doing the same thing with my 32 inch model 1st generation Sony that is like yours only yours is the 40 inch model by buying that 40 inch model PCRichards sold for a short time on sale for about $298 to replace my old Sony as even though my Sony was still good the low price and the updated os and larger screen gave me a great excuse to buy it.

My guess is if you get it repaired your gonna be shelling out some money to do that and since it is giving you problems and no longer under warranty probably it would give you an excuse to look in to replacing it if you can find a deal like I did and get a new tv that does not give you trouble after you bought it.