Quantcast

Made the swtich

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by laword, Oct 7, 2011.

1. laword

laword New Member

Hello all!

Just want to pay my respect and post in the newbie section. I had the itch to make the move from U verse to internet TV. I have to admit that I believe that move was the smartest one ever, just didnt know how much work / waiting I would have to do. What I mean by that is I had a ROKU device and thought that it would be fine to have alot of apps. However that didn't last. So i figured if i had a (web browser) then I will be good to go......wrong. However I am curious to see what Google has in store for GTV. I will say that while the playon software isn't ideal and gets the job done in SD. It would be nice to see Hulu and other content available to GTV good thing I didn't completely get rid of my u verse. Any information I get from this forum I want to say in advance thank. And promise to hit the search button for any questions before I post. Cheers everyone

• Like Like x 2
  2. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

Hello and welcome!

3. trevman20

trevman20 New Member

Hi!!! I've had revue for 3 weeks and really enjoy it. Looking forward to the Android market becoming available.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

5. trin20t

trin20t New Member

Greetings. I think Google TV is good but alot of people will still not like it when the update comes soon. I use the leaked build of 3.1 and as for apps you get the same and have to search and sideload. The market is not the full one,and only a few apps are working in it. Apps you might want must be sideloaded. Flash 10.2 still crashes. Spotlight still needs a browser to work. So unless tthis new update is better than the leaks,it still needs work!

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Here's to hoping that Santa Claus is kind to us this year!

7. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Weclome to the forum. I made the switch from DirecTV to OTA w/TiVo and Google TV and I am happy enough. I do see a lot of complaints so be sure Google TV does what you need, it clearly isn't for everybody in its current form.