Quantcast

Loud static clicking noise

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by gintoddic, Feb 19, 2013.

1. gintoddic

gintoddic New Member

Not entirely sure if soundbar problem or googletv but every so often mostly when changing channels it produces this very loud static clicking noise which can't really be fixed unless everything is powered cycled. Any idea if it's one of the sound setting I should change on the box?

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

First try unplugging yer cable box for 30 seconds. That is assuming you are using one. If your setup is different pls provide details...

3. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

It wouldn't happen to be a Vizio sound bar would it?I had one on the TV in my bedroom and it started making clicking/popping noises before it bit the dust out of warranty!

4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi Mike

Yer soundbar died? Geeze, didn't you just buy it? Or was this an older model? I was looking for a soundbar to fix my Optical audio output problem. I needed to be able to use headphones. I finally found a converter that works well but has no volume control. Because this uses the coax digital audio out on the TV I haven't had gintoddic's problem. But I really need something that provides volume.

Real Volume...

Carl

5. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

Hey Carl,it was a refurbished sound bar that was dirt cheap off of Wal Marts site that had free to store shipping.I was is Sams last Sunday and I think it was Samsung had a nice sounding bar for $118,but I didn't bite.

6. gintoddic

gintoddic New Member

It's a VIZIO VHT215, and it's only a couple months old and not a refurb. The problem did not seem to happen before a had the sony device plugged in.
    I read a little around and it may be something to do with the audio switching between PCM and is it digital? The setting is either auto or PCM, so I turned it to PCM. I did this last night so I will see if that fixed the problem. Unplugging the gtv usually fixed the problem, or turning on/off the tv/soundbar/gtv.