Quantcast

Lost sound from Satellite rcvr connected via NSZ-GT1

Discussion in 'Sony NSZ-GT1' started by mrspock, Jan 28, 2013.

1. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

I my satellite receiver connected to the NSZ-GT1 (pass-thru hdmi), the NSZ-GT1 is then connected to Pioneer A/V receiver which then connected to TV and 5.1 speakers. Everything has been working great up until last night, except today I turn everything on and no sound from Satellite receiver. Playing videos from Google TV (YouTube, ViMu, etc) works fine, playing Blu-Ray works fine. Connecting the Satellite receiver directly to TV works fine. But satellite receiver connected to pass-through hdmi of NSZ-GT1 no longer works.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Do you have another component with HDMI audio out to connect in place of the DirecTV receiver to see if it passes through? Another Blu-ray player or streaming box would be fine. Of course resetting the DirecTV receiver, unplugging for a brief period is something to try if you haven't already.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

I did already try unplugging the Sat receiver & power recycle and the reconnecting it back to the NSZ-GT1, but that not fix the issue. I have a WDTV Live media player but I lost the remote, so I will try to find the remote and then try to connect that through the NSZ-GT1. Thanks.