Quantcast

Looking out my front door.... with Tinycam Monitor Application

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by wingzofsteel, Dec 13, 2011.

1. wingzofsteel

wingzofsteel New Member

Hi folks,
    I am enjoying the new update on my Revue and I hope you are also. My next project is to install an IP camera on my front porch to be able to monitor who is at my door with my GoogleTV's Tinycam Monitor app. I am not at all skilled at this sort of thing, but I follow directions quite well. I am looking for a wireless IP cam or, running some Cat 5 to my wireless router, but do not know enough about cctv to make this call. Has anyone done this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Hefe

Hefe New Member

I've got two IP cameras. One in the baby's room, and one at the front of the house. The Tinycam Monitor works great on my Revue.

Both of my cameras are wireless capable. One is a Trendnet and one is a Foscam. It's really pretty easy. You cable them up via ethernet initially just to configure the wireless settings from a computer.

3. b0Ne

b0Ne New Member

Is this available for the sony blu ray top box? I would love to set up several cameras in my home.

4. Hefe

Hefe New Member

Sure, it should be. It's an Android app that runs on the Google TV platform. It's pretty nice, even the free version gives you 4 cameras.