Quantcast

Logitech Video Player app

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Fanfoot, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Fanfoot

Fanfoot New Member

Looks like on the Revue it handles DLNA Playback via a Logitech Video app, which is available both on the Revue and on Android. Also allows you to 'flick' a video from your Android phone to the Revue.

I have a lot of questions about this. Don't know if anybody has the answers.

Q: What Codecs does it support? Sounds like mp3, aac and mkv were answered at the Q&A but I don't see a complete list.

Q: If this is a Logitech and not a Google app can other apps on Android make use of it?

Q: If this is a Logitech and not a Google app will it be available on other Google TV platforms like the Sony TV?

Q: Do we have any idea how 'flick' works? Does the video go to your phone and then get retransmitted to the Revue? Does it hand off decoding to the Revue directly? If the latter will you get a different resolution/bit rate than you might get on your phone? If the former won't this stress out your wifi network and will it buffer as a result?

2. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Well aside from the built in support of the media player it is also DLNA capable. So if streaming from a DLNA server, most of which can do trans-coding on the server. The Media Player will merely receive the signal and display and the DLNA server will be doing all the work so the source format really won't make much of a difference. Just wait and see what happens. If the Revue gets rooted and we can ADB console to push and pull .apk's to this thing it is going to be awesome. It's just a matter of time and patience to see what happens. On a side note. Seeing that the Revue supports Flash 10.1 that means it is running Froyo (Android 2.2) so other than whatever coding and UI work Logitech the base OS should be the same.

3. Hefe

Hefe New Member

I'm looking forward to hear discussion of the media player too. I'm waiting to see if I can use this to easily stream my video content that I keep on a NAS. And what formats work well, what the interface is like, etc...