Quantcast

Logitech To Divest Harmony Line of Remotes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ChrisG8, Jan 24, 2013.

1. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Not sure what this will mean to those of us using Harmony remotes but I will keep my fingers crossed. I have the Harmony One, Harmony 900, Harmony 880, and Harmony 700. I control all of my audio/video systems with Harmony remotes and/or the Logitech K700 keyboard. If Logitech or the acquiring company doesn't maintain servers for the old remotes, I will be in real trouble when updating equipment. The Harmony 880 must be over 5 years old and I bought the One 4 years ago new. I had no plans to replace any of them, all are very durable, upgradeable remotes which have served me well.

Logitech to Divest Harmony Line of Remotes and Severely Reduce PC and Videogame Peripherals | High-Def Digest

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Logitech’s Commitment to Harmony Customers

01-23-2013 07:15 PM

This is Bracken Darrell, CEO of Logitech. Logitech just publicly announced a plan to hold the Harmony business for sale. Logitech is not shutting down the Harmony business and certainly not the service.

This corporate announcement does not impact Logitech’s commitment to our Harmony customers. During the sale, Logitech will continue to provide customer support for Harmony customers. All current warranties provided by Logitech for Harmony products remain unchanged at this time.

We very much appreciate our loyal Harmony community and will continue to support and communicate with our customers. Check back here for future updates on this topic.

Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm for Logitech Harmony.

Regards,
    Bracken Darrell

3. Carlszone

I don't like the sound of "During the sale" and "Remains unchanged at this time." Sounds like legalese to me.

Geeze, what is this company gonna have left?

Carl

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

That isn't very assuring.

5. Carlszone

Lol!

sorry

6. guest

guest Active Member

Anyone want to buy the Logitech Revue subsidiary? Brackish Darrell says he'll sell it to you for a good price. Mr. Darrell feels it will be best for all concerned if Logitech is repurposed as a Hedge Fund. He was reportedly heard singing "financial engineering's the place you ought to be" to the melody of the '60's sitcom Green Acres. Strange goings-on in the corporate world these days.