Quantcast

Logitech Shows Off Surround Sound Speakers Z906 [Logitech's New Speaker System

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by sparkyscott21, Mar 28, 2011.

1. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

For those of you who bought a Z-5500 speaker system from Logitech back in the day–like back in the day six years ago–and were starting to wonder if they’d ever follow up, be of good cheer, because an update has finally landed. And it looks like that, just below you.

[​IMG]

Yeah, that’s pretty impressive, isn’t it? What you’re looking at is the Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z906 system, a 500 watt, 5.1 channel surround sound system that packs in 3D Stereo systems, THX certification, both digital and analog inputs and an external remote. For those thinking that this is just a particularly tricked-out PC system, you’ll be especially happy to hear that that’s not the case. You can actually use these with your television, with your game console of choice, and with a whole host of other devices as well, including–and this is a happy surprise–pretty much anything with a 3.5 mm headphone jack.

You’ll be able to lay hands on these Z906 speaker system later this month for $349.99, and based on what I’ve read so far, I’m of mixed mind as to just how to feel about this. THX Certification is an impressive addition–make no mistake on that score; it isn’t just any system that can get THX Certification–and there’s certainly plenty of versatility given how many different systems it works with, but there are plenty of home theater systems that offer more power for less money. I don’t know how often you juggle your speakers around, so you may get more mileage out of the different system capabilities than I would, but I find myself questioning the value on this system. I can certainly see the advantages, but I’m not quite sure they represent $350 worth of advantages, myself.

By Logictech
    Posted on 3-10-11
    Source​