Quantcast

LOGITECH REVUE WITH SKYPE

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by KAKOGREG, Feb 21, 2015.

1. KAKOGREG

KAKOGREG New Member

HELLO I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM.
    IS THERE ANYONE HERE STILL USING THE LOGITECH REVUE UNIT WITH THE APPLICABLE CAMERA AND IS OPERATING SKYPE ON TV? I'M PLANNING ON PURCHASING A USED UNIT FROM EBAY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW CAUSE I NEED TO USE SKYPE ON MY HDTV.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The Logitech Revue doesn't support Skype. The Logitech Revue camera only worked with Logitech's proprietary video conferencing platform - and even that has now been discontinued.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Unless you are adept at hacking devices for unintended uses, this will be a no go and even then, it would probably be better to buy something intended for Skype. There are a number of reports that the Logitech Revue webcam will work for Skype with Panasonic branded devices like HDTVs and Blu-ray players with Skype apps as well as with Facetime on some Apple products. None of this is an advertised and supported use, therefore subject to an unexpected end with product updates.

I haven't seen any of this first hand but here are some product reviews at Amazon.com and there are other reports available online if anybody wants to use the Logitech Revue webcam after its end of life.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...809&sr=8-28&keywords=google+tv&condition=used

4. guest

guest Active Member

There is a thread in this forum wherein the following product was highly recommended. Amazon.com Buying Choices Logitech 960-000921 TV Cam HD for Skype Calls on HDTVs You might find a better price on eBay. A Logitech Revue is not needed with this product, just an HDTV.

A Logitech Revue is past its shelf-life. I'd suggest you try a Chromebox. There's a link here for a used one. HP Chromebox Used for 96 Amazon Warehouse Deal Google TV - Android TV Forums

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Last I read Chromebox doesn't support Skype. However Chromebox does support Google+ hangouts .

6. guest

guest Active Member

The Logitech TV Cam for HD Skype is "self-contained". You just plug it into your HDTV to make Skype calls, with an internet connection of course. Neither a Logitech Revue OR Chromebox or anything else is required!

The product is pricey when purchased new. Amazon.com Logitech 960-000921 TV Cam HD for Skype Calls on HDTVs Electronics

Last year, I saw some good deals on eBay.