Quantcast

Logitech Revue uses Logitech's RF connect for Accessories.

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Bluen25, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Bluen25

Bluen25 Member

The Logitech Accessories will use the Logitech Connect RF technology. This will include RF Harmony Remotes, a Mini Keyboard, and the Included Keyboard.

The Mini Keyboard looks similar to the Logitech diNovo Mini Keyboard already being sold by Logitech. The difference is in how it connects to the Revue. The diNovo Mini is Bluetooth and the Revue Mini is RF.

The HD TV Cam will connect via USB. It has built in video compression. I am still questioning if previous versions of Logitech's HD cameras will be compatible.

There will also be support for external HDDs via USB!

2. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

If they aren't compatible out of the box I'll bet some hacks would be trivial to enable them.

3. Bluen25

Bluen25 Member

I hope so. I currently use a nice Logitech HD cam with my media PC and I was planning on using it with the revue. It does great via Logitech Vid and Skype over the big screen. I think the model is HD9000

4. HamDog

HamDog Member

As usual, all the stuff is gonna be very overpriced initially. They'll squeeze every penny from those who have to have it now. I'm glad the remotes will be RF as I hated my old Microsoft media center keyboard that was infrared. And the joystick mouse on it was horrendous. But $150 for a keyboard remote? Currently, I'm using the Lenovo N5901 which does the job well. But it's nowhere as nice as the Logitech, but it's 1/3rd the price (even much less when you find it on sale once in a while).

For the rest of my home audio/video system, I've been using the Logitech Harmony 880 for a long time. Only problem is I haven't been able to figure out how to make it last more than 2 years before it breaks down. At the prices they charge, I think they should definitely last longer.

Anyone remember the old Core remote (made by Steve Wozniak)? That 20 year old remote lasted me more than a decade. And to me, it still blows away any remote made today in functionality and usability. And remember that this was a product of the 1980s! I wish I could buy another one today.....

5. Bluen25

Bluen25 Member

The Keyboard remotes are actually $129 for the Mini and $99 for a replacement of the included keyboard. The Mini is a copy of Logitechs diNovo mini but is RF instead of Bluetooth. The funny thing is, Logitechs website has the diNovo mini for $149.

6. HamDog

HamDog Member

Blue, thanks for clarifying. I thought the new mini remote and the DiNovo were the same thing. I'd definitely prefer the RF over bluetooth.

7. Bluen25

Bluen25 Member

No Problem, I have been spending way to much time gathering details!

8. PhatboyC

PhatboyC Member

I wonder if we can connect our own wireless keyboard of choice through the USB port? I already have one at home connected to my Dune player which cost 1/3 of the logitech's and is great.

9. HamDog

HamDog Member

PhatboyC, what kind of remote do you use? I'm always in the lookout for the ultimate keyboard remote.

10. Bluen25

Bluen25 Member

I am hoping that Logitech has a Harmony Remote with slide out keyboard in their back pocket. They said they will have more Harmony integration with the Revue in the future.

11. PhatboyC

PhatboyC Member

USB Rii Mini Keyboard Touchpad

Some online stores have them but I got it a bit cheaper on Ebay.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  12. Bluen25

Bluen25 Member

Wow, that's tiny!