Quantcast

Logitech Revue -Shutting down unnecessary stuff for added speed?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by fitpays, Jan 26, 2011.

1. fitpays

fitpays New Member

Manage Applications? Running Services? What is ok to delete and what is ok to stop from running? I am a big fan of running my pc's on as little as possible for added speed (i.e. nothing in my startup msconfig menu etc).

I don't want to delete anything that is critical and I don't want to turn anything off from running that will give me troubles. Any suggestions?

Thanks for everyone's help these last few days! This thing is really cool but there is a lot to learn and I want this thing to be fast and clean!

2. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

Trial and error. Just know you'll have to go in there many times, as Android will spawn some processes on its own. Stuff that I've killed has to do with HD VID, since I don't use the HD video camera. I also, media player when not being used, pandora, netflix, etc.

It is easier to kill applications by holding down the "Home" key and choosing the "X" above the windows.

Another thing to note, in Android, while these applications take up a limited amount of memory space, they should be idle when not in use and don't need to be killed.