Quantcast

Logitech Revue remote control app hits the market

Discussion in 'Google TV News' started by JohnDroid, Oct 21, 2010.

1. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Logitech isn't wasting any time rolling out their Google TV offerings. Today the Logitech Revue remote control app for their Revue unit hit the market. Anyone who has a Revue (or will be getting one) - we'd love to get a review from you about it. If so, please contact me via PM!

2. Karen

Karen New Member

I just read this info over at Logitech. I have only copied/pasted what I thought was important.

"The (Revue) Controller can control the following Devices:

Logitech Revue
    TV
    Set-top Box
    AV Receiver

The Revue Keyboard Controller and Mini Controller will not provide you with the same functionality that you have with the Harmony Remote. With the Keyboard and Mini Controller you will be able to power on each of your devices and control them individually, but you will not have Activity control like you do with the Harmony Remote.

With the Logitech Harmony smartphone apps, you will be limited to one Activity (Watch Google TV), but sequences will not be available."

Do Revue controllers support Activities - Logitech Forums

This seems like a giant step backwards to me. I am back to a basket full of remotes?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  3. Brian

Brian New Member

I downloaded the app and it wouldn't see my Revue. I can't believe I can't control my Blu-Ray player. Glad I got the Sony Blu-Ray player Google TV. I cancelled my Revue but they sent anyway. So now I have to do a return.

4. rgweatherred

rgweatherred New Member

Just downloaded the app for my Droid and I have to say I am a bit disappointed. I am able to control the Revue box but cannot access my TV, cable box, or sound bar. Not really surprised, since the Revue box doesn't recognize my cable box or sound bar either.

5. JimMariner

JimMariner Member

Just curious, did you hook up the IR Blaster ?