Quantcast

logitech revue questions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by ru42112, Feb 4, 2012.

1. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

I made a mistake. In my gmail I got a link to go to a video. I clicked on the link and it asked me if I wanted to use google crome or you tube. It also had a question make this my deault setting. I chose youtube, this was my mistake. You tube takes forever to load. google crome launched right away. How do I change the settings back. I remember it said something about home and settings but I didnt write it down and now I cant figure it out.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

I didn't know you had to have digital cable or satilite for the Logitech revue to work with the tv part. There is no coaxial input in back to receive basic cable. I went to Two best buys neither one of them knew about this. Is there something I can hook up to my cable and then go to the revue so I can use the TV part of it.

I cant even use over the air local tv?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Normally, I'd offer you a more indepth answer but this has been explained by me on more different threads in many different forums. So, since I hadn't had my coffee yet. Here's the short answer is, "buy yourself a Tivo Premeire".

• Like Like x 2
  4. halox

halox New Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

I thought that might work. I called tivo and they said it would not work. Has anyone tried this?

• Like Like x 2
  6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Well, yes. As you can see in my signature, I've connected a Tivo to my Logitech Revue (Google TV) in one of my setups. Google TV sends all the IR commands to the Tivo Premier, and the Premier channels all the audio and video into Revue via HDMI. It is a fairly symbiotic relationship for my television viewing experience. Plus, if you don't have an Ethernet jack near your Google TV, then it can be used as an Ethernet to WiFi bridge.

7. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

Thanks for responding. Is your cable digital? I dont have digital except over the air antenna. If you do not have digital tivo told me it wont work. if it does work for non digital cable is this how I set it up?

1 cable coax to input of tivo
    2 hdmi out to revue
    3 revue hdmi out to tv

I do have the wifi hooked up that works fine

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Are you sure? Is it possible that you're mistaking Clear or unencrypted Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) channels for analog channels? Who is your channel provider? I think that I need to report them if they're still broadcasting analog channels.

I wonder if the question was posed appropriately. The Tivo Premiere has built-in ATSC and Clear QAM tuners. The only cavaet is that you'll need to rent a CableCard in order for the Tivo Premiere to get the appropriate channel guide.

Yep.

I pointed that out because Tivo doesn't come with a built-in WiFi radio. You can purchase one if you want, but since it comes with an Ethernet port then you can use the Revue as an Ethernet to WiFi bridge instead of purchasing an adapter.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

I didn't ask the question properly to tivo. Ill have to find out how much the cable card is? It would have been easier if revue would have come with coaxial input. I see you have a sony 24inch google ready tv. Does this work alone with basic cable tv. No tivo needed? Im trying not to spend more money on cable tv.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Some places offer it for free and others like Time Ware charges a $2/mo fee.

I agree but that would have added dramatically to the cost of manufacturing to the box as well as the price to customer.

Yes. In fact, it doesn't have a Tivo connected to it as it is.

In my opinion, get yourself a Tivo and an antenna combo from BestBuy. You'll be able transition yourself from being cable dependent if you have a box that record content from both cable and OTA television. It might seem like a lot of money up front but you'll be able to get away from the yearly cost from cable in the long run.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

ok i already have an over the air (rabbit ears) antenna. Is there a special OTA antenna combo your talking about? Or will my coaxial antenna and cable go into the tivo.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

I have Netflix and im trying amazon free trial right now. I looked at hulu plus and found they didnt have the shows I like. So I thought why not get a tivo to record the shows I like and now I will be able to use the revue the way it was designed for and get the full benefit.

13. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Just to make sure you understand the Amazon Prime trial:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...amazons-plans-may-spell-disaster-netflix.html

Carl

• Like Like x 2
  14. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

I dont like how amazon prime membership for videos is set up. I like netflix set up.

on this forum sometimes I type a reply and hit reply and it says I need at least 5 charaters. I dont get that

15. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Yeah, but just take your time. They'll be other things to post about. Right now I'm on;ly concerned with the folks like you that have been mislead by the Amazon Prime Membership advertisements. I'm wondering if you thought you could actually view all the Amazon Instant Movie content w/an Amazon Prime membership?

Carl

16. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

there really is not very much on prime to choose. Im probably going to quit amazon.

17. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You can use your rabbit ears. I guess they are "okay" for reception but you can do better with an external antenna even if you don't mount it outside. Mine is posted inside the attic and reception is far better than when I tried using "rabbit ears". You might have missed the link in my previous post to the combo deal. Here it is again for good measure, "Long-Range Antenna & TiVo HD DVR Package". It's a great deal because basically they're giving you an antenna for free (or a Tivo for free depending on how you want to look at it.)

• Like Like x 2
  18. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

[h=1]The Logitech Revue Google TV Box Is Now Only $79.99[/h]Posted by Roderick ScottAndroid, Google TV, Logitech, Smart Buy, Smart TVs11:52 AM
    [​IMG]

If you were always on the fence about giving Google TV a shot, now is a great time with a deal like this. Circuit City, now only online, is offering a killer deal on the set top box that put the entire Internet on your HDTV. Once going for a couple of hundred dollars, you can now get this for $79.99 + free shipping when you enter this coupon code: TQI54085. The Logitech Revue comes equipped with a wireless keyboard w/ trackpad for a familiar navigation accessing the Android Honeycomb apps and the World Wide Web. Hit the link below to place your order now.

19. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Man it sounds kind of good - but I would personally prefer to wait until the new boxes with ARM chips come out.

The Logitech Revue forum has been inundated by irate new Revue owners that can't get past step 7 in the initial set-up process - because the Logitech server is down again for the umpteenth time. This has been an ongoing problem for months now. And happened again only last week - and now again.

I would think support will be better with the new boxes. And there will be more apps available.

20. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If anything at least it is a good price for a spare keyboard.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It is definitely something going on with the Logitech Harmony Database servers. From what CatLogitech explained, they were under maintenance last week. I guess we're going to have to get an answer why it went down this week.

This is of course assumes Google will eventually link the necessary libraries to support NDK code within the Dalvik Virtual machine of Google TV.