Quantcast

Logitech Revue Controling AVR / TV / STB Options

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by komobu, Nov 19, 2013.

1. komobu

komobu New Member

Hi;

I just set up my Logitech Revue last night. I sometimes use a sony soundbar and sometimes not. It asked me how I wanted the volume buttons to work...On the TV or on the Soundbar. I chose the soundbar and that works fine. Is there a way to still control the TV sound? What do I have to do?

Also, my soundbar has different inputs. Is there a way to bring up the menu for the soundbar or select the inputs from the Logitech Revue Keyboard?

Thanks for any help

2. Travel

Travel Active Member

Generally, to use the sound bar for audio and necessarily shut-off the TV's native speakers, you have two options: #1, go into your TV's audio settings and look for a "disable speakers" or similarly worded feature that allows you to shut-off your TV's native speakers. Not all HDTV's have this in the audio settings, in which case you'd: #2, just turn the volume all the way down on your TV's native speakers and keep it on "mute;" this solution works fine, and it's the recommended solution that won't interfere at all with your sound bar audio.

So, to switch from the sound bar speakers to the TV speakers, you'll just have to power-off the sound bar and then use your TV or cable remote for volume control of your TV speakers. Or else, if you always want to be able to control the volume (TV or sound bar) with the Logitech keyboard, you'd have to go into Google TV "settings" and change the audio control everytime you wanted to switch; which is much more time consuming than just grabbing the TV or cable remote whenever you want use the TV's native speakers.

You'll probably be able to control your sound bar's main volume (but not the subwoofer) from the Logitech keyboard, but it's doubtful that you'll be able to manipulate other sound bar functions (like change imputs) from the Logitech keyboard.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013