Quantcast

Logitech Media Player not updating network folders

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by bblouie, Dec 24, 2011.

1. bblouie

bblouie New Member

I am sharing videos from my PC using a Windows 7 homegroup. For some reason, it's not displaying/updating all my folders/videos. Even before the update I would rescan the sources and only a few files and folders would refresh and even then this was inconsistent. With the new Honeycomb update, I can't figure out how to rescan the source and rebooting the Revue doesn't change anything. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have to rescan the source using the Logitech Media Player. The media server is responsible for cataloging and updating its contents. Past experience seems to dictate that Windows Media Player Sharing doesn't update its new content or changes very well. I would recommend looking into another DLNA server that will perform the catalog updates better.

Also, the Logitech Media Player won't show files access to those which are incompatible to it. If your media is using a container or codec format which is alien to the Logitech Revue then they won't be available. In this case, you can either use a transcoding server or conversion program to make them compatible.

3. bblouie

bblouie New Member

I've tried Plex and the media manager application took way too much resources to update the meta data for my files, which I don't care to update anyway. I also tried Mezzmo and although all the files were listed when I connected to my server through the Revue, I could not play any of the files (and these were .avis that were previously played through my homegroup server). Are there any other suggestions for DLNA servers that are inexpensive/free?