Quantcast

Logitech Media Player & Movie Thumbnails and Descriptions

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by AlaskanOgre, Jan 9, 2011.

1. AlaskanOgre

AlaskanOgre New Member

I have a few hundreds movies on a Server in my office and have shared them using the DLNA software TVMOBiLi (also tried TVersity) and I can browse and play the movies perfectly but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the Logitech Media Player App in the Revue to display a thumbnail of the movie or a description of it.

I have tried adding a jpg and txt file with the same name as the movie but the Media Player will not read the text file contents but it will display the jpg as the thumbnail but then won't list the movie for playing.

I hate having to lookup every single movie in imdb and my wife hate's it more than I do.

I'd be happy to change the server software if that's where the problem is.

2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

If TVMOBiLi has a support mechanism (forum,etc.) pose this there, too..and keep us updated! :)

3. CircusDad

CircusDad New Member

I originally tried TVersity but then switched to Serviio. So far it has played things very well and it shows me the thumbnails. Might give that a try.

4. ob1

ob1 New Member

I have the same issue has AlaskanOgre. I am using Tversity and I have also tried Twonky and TVMobile. The closes i come to Thumbnail is Twonky but it show no description of the movies and the image is verify small. I was hoping that the media player would be like Window Media Center display. I will investigate CircusDad suggestion "Serviio"

Also have either of you encounter movie freeze when watching movies in the media player.

5. AlaskanOgre

AlaskanOgre New Member

I've been trying Serviio and it's a nice DLNA package and it has helped a little but still does not display a description of the movie in the right hand pane of Logitech Media Player. Serviio is however letting me see the Genre of the movie so I know it's doing it's job. I'm 99% sure this is a Logitech Media Player issue and not an issue with the DLNA software.

6. ob1

ob1 New Member

I tried serviio as well and it work nice, but still do not have the thumbnail neither the movie descriptions. Did you get the thumbnail to show up? How?

I have all the option for thumbnail enable in Serviio but no thumbnail. Help?

7. AlaskanOgre

AlaskanOgre New Member

Never got a thumbnail just the genre of the movie in the right pane. Also with Serviio it's prevented the movie date from showing that I have in the movie titles (ie "Avatar [2010]" only displays "Avatar" in Logitech Media Player.

It's pretty obvious that Logitech Media Player is not reading the DLNA data coming off the Server properly. I sincerely hope that they solve this issue or give us another option once Marketplace opens up on the GoogleTV box so we can choose another Media Player App and dump the Logitech one.

8. Netastophales

Netastophales New Member

I was using Tversity, and it was working well enough. I switched to Serviio because I am on a mixed environment (GTV in the living room, Media server/ gaming box in the office, and a win7 media pc in the bedroom). Serviio seems to be the best considering I can use WMC to watch movies in the bedroom now.

9. AlaskanOgre

AlaskanOgre New Member

Do you get the movie descriptions sent from Serviio displayed in Logitech Media Player or are you having the same issue?

10. Netastophales

Netastophales New Member

same issue. There has to be a way to edit the meta data for a media file so Serviio can read it. Like in the Moovida media player. But so far the console for Serviio does not seem to give an option to list library items, and show it's metadata.