Quantcast

Logitec media player not refreshing shared folders

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by jm8254og, Jun 25, 2011.

1. jm8254og

jm8254og New Member

So I looked around and did not see anyone with this issue. I am using win7 homeshare to share my movie collection and I see a lot of the my mp4 movies but when I add new one I often do not. I reboot my computer and refresh or reboot the revue and they show up sometimes but sometimes they don't. I also have a couple of files that are no longer being shared that will not go away from the revue. If I click on them of course they dontc play so not sure what is going on. Anyone having this kind od issue?

2. forsberg94

forsberg94 New Member

Same issue here. I have stopped sharing specific folders, but the videos within that folder still come up on the GoogleTV Media player. These videos do not come up through other shares (laptop trying to view the videos, etc.)

Same thing when adding new videos. They do not show up immediately.... every once in a while, it seems like it'll refresh and then the new videos will show up in the Google TV Media Player. Not sure how to replicate this 'refresh' behavior.

Would love to hear a solution!

Thanks

3. forsberg94

forsberg94 New Member

*bump*

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Google TV doesn't support file and folder sharing. Logitech's and Sony's media media players can only access content through DNLA servers or local USB media. Most likely, your DNLA server needs to be triggered to scan for new content and changes within its supported directories.