Quantcast

Logietech Harmony App for Android update..

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by swould333, Nov 22, 2011.

1. swould333

swould333 Member

An update for the Harmony for Revue App just hit the Android market this morning... HOPEFULLY that's a good indicator that maybe, possibly something , ahmm revue update, may get the drop soon too... lol

2. 2WYCE

2WYCE New Member

good catch! i'm hoping so.

i just bought a used revue in hopes to get the update soon, while thinking i'd use it regardless.
    now, after trying to use it and like it, i really want the update because the old version sux!

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Heh. Apparently, Logitech's Android and iOS programming teams have a difference in opinion about the update.

iOS version from the iTunes App Store
    Android version from the Android Market

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  4. godashram

godashram New Member

This version seems not to work on tablets.... as the full screen message state it's not compatible with my device

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

5. swould333

swould333 Member

I had opportunity to sit down with this App last night and really play around with it. I like it ALOT... A HUGE improvment over the previous release... I now have COMPLETE remote functionality over my TV & Sound system... it used to have a few of the basic functions but now it has every possible shortcut and button that the actual dedicated remotes do. Plus, they revamped the UI for the Revue controls... I hit one button "Watch Google TV" and it turns on all my devices and puts it on the correct HDMI input feed for the Revue all with one button. They've included some basic functionality that they missed in the last release.. like the funtion button, a dedicated VOICE SEARCH button and a tabs button among others. They're now in a dedicated bar located at the top of the android keyboard. Using voice search to do a search for net vids rocks, hit the mic button and say what you're looking for and off she goes. I also like the other navagation methods... scrolling is much easier with the scroll pad, if you're on the screen that has the D-pad with the "OK" in the center, press the finger icon in the lower right... you can use a single finger to scroll all around a page up down and side to side. When you're on the keyboard screen the entire screen is also a touch pad. I HIHGLY suggest exploring this app if you have an android device to run it on.

This will most likely become my defaut entry device with my entertainment center. It's just as functional as the keyboard remote, maybe more so, and using it with my Droid X is a space saver and convience. I can actully lay on the couch and enter all the info, navigate,ect without having to sit up with the keyboard or prop it on my leg...lol

Edit: I should have mentioned this as well.. using this app eliminates the need for a back lighted keyboard... no more fumbling in the dark.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
    • Like Like x 4