Quantcast

Locking up?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by sparkyscott21, Nov 13, 2010.

1. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I am curious if any of you out there have had any lock-ups, or, freezes up while in use??
    Mine has done it 3-4 times in the last week.....
    Scott.......

2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Can you describe the circumstances that precipitated them? Were you entering data, or simply viewing,etc.?

3. sparkyscott21

Yes, actually I was doing a lot of web searching and typing. It appears overtime it has locked up, it was only during the use of keyboard operations.
    I has not frozen up whiles just sitting back and watching. I had quite a time trying to get the Revue to reboot of ANY sorts whatsoever.
    Do you happen to know what the protocol of a reset is suppose to be via Logitech themselves..
    I did email them last week late, ( thurs. ), I think, but I have not heard back as of yet..
    I most have lucked out while pressing buttons to get it to work again, because, I unplugged it, that did nothing, but pressing keys together it went thru its opening speel ant just started working again..?
    Any ideas?

4. alphawave7

Three finger salute, of course! We're seeing some scattered reports of random reboots...one was caused by inability of Revue to respond to 'rapid' multiple keyboard input (fast typing, impatient user?)..another was rebooting sans input and was exchanged at the store to cure.

5. sparkyscott21

Just being impatient I guess.
    I am going to try to be less of in a hurry when using the keyboard and see if that helps any??
    Who knows, it might help, but I did not notice that it locked up only when using the keyboard till you said that, that I noticed it..

6. alphawave7

I suspect there are a few 'kinks' to work out before this becomes a bulletproof appliance. Let us know how patience works out! LOL!