Quantcast

LiveTV failing?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by zim2dive, Sep 13, 2012.

1. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

I'm seeing occasional failures with LiveTV...my setup is

DirectTV HR34 -> HDMI splitter -> Co-Star -> Denon AVR 1912 -> TV

I do not turn the CoStar on/off normally (coming from the Revue, which didn't seem to want to be turned off)... so this morning I turn on the TV/DVR/AVR and get a black screen... I hit the "V" key on the CoStar remote.. and see the menus.. ok, so the video path from the CoStar to the TV is working.. but no video from the DVR.

I turned the CoStar off/on and there was picture again... AND a previous session of Pandora started playing music too.. so there were 2 audio sources being mixed at the CoStar.. the audio from the DVR and Pandora.

A few days ago, LiveTV wasn't "responding" and I had to reboot to get it working again then too.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. drjjr

drjjr New Member

Yes, I have seen a few instances where pulling the power to the Co-Star was the only way to get live TV back. The remote was unresponsive. I have a DirecTV DVR connected directly to the Co-Star.

3. mrtuneup2

mrtuneup2 New Member

I have four Co-Stars and have experienced the same issue with all four. They are connected to Dishes Hoppers & Joey's. I reboot the Co-Star and it works fine.

4. twosted

twosted New Member

I had the same issues. But I turned off HDMI CEC and haven't had a problem since.

5. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

on the CoStar?

6. twosted

twosted New Member

Yes' on the CoStar

7. rmeitzler

rmeitzler New Member

I have had problems with the video from the Tivo (in my case) cutting out of a few seconds at a time. The screen goes black and then comes back on. Last night I unplugged and rebooted the Co-Star and it got worse, it was cutting out for a minute or more at a time. I rebooted again and it seemed to be better. I have not had a chance to sit down and watch for a while to see if it is still happening occasionally.

8. masterhail

masterhail New Member

I've been having the same issue with my co-star. I actually stopped using it after 3 days, because every time i would come back to the TV, the video would be gone, and i would have to reboot BOTH my co-star and my cable box before signal came back in.

Hopefully there is a fix soon because it'd be nice to actually use this thing!