Quantcast

Live streaming question

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by MIlh0U5E, Oct 27, 2012.

1. MIlh0U5E

MIlh0U5E New Member

Ok, live streaming question with my PC and co-star...

I have a live stream from the PAC-12 network playing on my PC,how do I get it to my TV without using an hdmi? I tried using chrome on the co-star, but xfinity requires the update or installation of Microsoft Silverlight to do the stream.

When I try to use dlna with my tv, it says the connection to the server failed, not sure why... Ay help would be appreciated.

2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

The game has been changed (Flash) ....! Yes, this is my next major project, streaming from the PC to my TVs via DLNA to one of my DLNA media player on the Vizio Co-Star.... I'm in the early test stages (PC Screen Capture With Live Video and Audio), I know already this can be done, it's just matter of time, until I get all of my ducks in a row...

3. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Easiest means for this would be if Splashtop could be ported to Google Tv, but they may need the Native SDK opened up. In theory it can be done with VLC, but it's hard to setup and probably not as optimized for the task as Splashtop.

4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I can already do it with "Twonky Beam", works like a charm ... You are correct, the VLC Serviio combo is another way to do it ....

5. jonw747

I didn't know about Twonky Beam, but by its description it sounds like it's limited to only being able to beam certain videos and you drive the boat from the PC side. Splashtop is a remote access program that displays whatever is on your PC screen. Unlike most programs of this nature, it has a very fast frame rate and audio. This is a nice work around for instance for people with non-HD Slingboxes who want a higher quality picture on their iPad. They can just access a PC and run the PC version of the Slingbox player rather than using the iPod version in 2x mode.

6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

How are you getting Splashtop to your TV ....? With Twonky Server and Twonky Beam (DLNA), the video is being beam from my computer to my TV via the Vizio Co-Star, via PlayPoint in 1080p picture pixel crystal clear video resolution quality (Who Said Co-Star Cannot Play 1080p Video) ...(lol) In my next post, I'll post a photo showing you just what I'm talking about, it's sweet ....

7. jonw747

That's the point. If Splashtop could run on GTV, that's what I'd use. Because it doesn't I've only used Splashtop when away from home on my phone or tablet - which both support video out.

8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

In the above photo is a NASA video from NASA's website, that's being beam to my TV from my computer via Twonky Beam, via my Vizio Co-Star, via PlayPoint in 1080p video resolution quality .... I had no ideal this dimension even existed on the Vizio Co-Star ... PV Corp made the Vizio Co-Star for Vizio Corp, PV Corp made the Twonky Server/Twonky Beam also, so it all makes sense now ..(lol)

This technology dimension between the Vizio Co-Star and Twonky Beam is truly sweet, because it allows you to beam videos, music, and photos from certain websites direct to your TV via the Vizio Co-Star, and it does this almost automatic, it does not get any better than that ...(lol)

9. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

As I understand you can beam a video playing on your computer to your TV - however does this also work with a live feed (such as say a live football game)?

Will it work with a live sport event from ESPN3? Thanks.....

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  10. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Here is a list of web sites that work with Twonky via your Vizio Co-Star giving you access from these websites Videos, Music and Photos The Multi dimensions of the Vizio Co-Star, just awesome ....!

The links below should have media available to beam. Websites change, though, so it's possible that they no longer have beamable content. If you experience problems with any of these links, or have suggestions for new links, please send mail to: beam-links@pv.com

Music Sites

NPR Podcast Directory
    CNET Podcasts
    TWiT audio podcasts
    WFMU's On The Download
    KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic
    The Burning Ear
    Party Ben (Mash Ups)
    Gorilla vs. Bear
    WFMU's Beware of the Blog
    Fluxblog
    My Old Kentucky Blog
    Six Eyes
    DJ Earworm (Mash Ups)
    Blentwell.com
    This is Ska
    Live Music Blog
    Spread the Good Word
    Spinner
    The Hype Machine
    Live Concerts from All Songs Considered
    Last.fm
    Elbows
    Archive.org's Live Music Archive
    Artist Direct
    Bomb MP3
    Open Music Archive
    Aquarium Drunkard
    Oddio Overplay
    Classic Cat
    Public Domain 4U
    Bootie (Mash Ups)
    FensePost

This page contains links to Web pages that are not under the control of PacketVideo. PacketVideo has not reviewed the content on any of these Web pages and accordingly does not assume any liability or responsibility for any content or links contained in such pages. PacketVideo provides these links solely as a convenience to its end users. PacketVideo does not promote or endorse any third party's causes, Web sites, products or services. Please access such Web pages at your own discretion. PacketVideo shall not be responsible for any harm caused by viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other destructive code embedded in or downloaded from any of these web sites. Please act responsibly and respect all copyrights and laws in the area in which you live.

The links below should have media available to beam. Websites change, though, so it's possible that they no longer have beamable content. If you experience problems with any of these links, or have suggestions for new links, please send mail to: beam-links@pv.com

Photo Sites

Flickr
    Facebook
    Photobucket
    Picasa Web Albums
    SmugMug
    Webshots
    Nature Photos
    Photo.net
    Fabulous Nature
    Jet Propulsion Laboratory
    NASA
    NOAA Photo Library
    U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
    NFL
    NBA
    Google Image Search
    FreeFoto.com
    Shorpy
    Library of Congress
    The Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY
    MOMA
    Old Pictures
    The National Park Service
    Windows to the Universe
    HubbleSite
    Astrophotography by Robert Gendler

This page contains links to Web pages that are not under the control of PacketVideo. PacketVideo has not reviewed the content on any of these Web pages and accordingly does not assume any liability or responsibility for any content or links contained in such pages. PacketVideo provides these links solely as a convenience to its end users. PacketVideo does not promote or endorse any third party's causes, Web sites, products or services. Please access such Web pages at your own discretion. PacketVideo shall not be responsible for any harm caused by viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other destructive code embedded in or downloaded from any of these web sites. Please act responsibly and respect all copyrights and laws in the area in which you live.

Video Sites

YouTube
    Archive Classic Movies
    CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley
    NBC Nightly News
    The CNN Daily
    TED Talks HD
    CNET Podcasts
    CNET HD
    COIN-OP TV
    College Humor
    Earth Touch
    Motorz HD
    YDN Design Guide
    Jean-Michel Cousteau: Ocean Adventures
    NBC's Meet the Press
    NBC's Today Show
    NPR - All Songs Considered (Live Concerts)
    Revision3 - Tekzilla HD MP4
    Revision3 - Tekzilla WMV
    Revision3 - Tekzilla Large MP4
    Revision3 - HD Nation HD MP4
    Revision3 - HD Nation WMV
    Revision3 (Select a channel, then RSS Feed format)
    YouTube - Most Popular
    YouTube - Most Viewed
    YouTube - Recently Featured
    YouTube - Most Discussed
    YouTube - Most Recent
    YouTube - Top Favorites
    YouTube - Movie Trailers
    YouTube - The X Factor
    50-50.com Skateboarding Podcast
    Connected Life
    Cult of Kung Fu
    Cult of UHF
    RetroVision Media
    Vintage Video
    TERRA: The Nature of Our World
    64mm Skateboarding Vlog
    Bobby Hugges Surf Videos
    Hawaii Surf Session Report*
    Mountain High Resort Snowboarding & Skiing
    Pod Surf TV
    Skuff TV:Action Sports:Music:Carnage + More
    TheSailingChannel.TV
    UEFA.com podcast
    KQED: Gallery Crawl
    AppJudgment
    Diggnation
    CNET: Buzz Report
    Good Game
    Web Soup
    X-Plays Daily Video Podcast
    The Big D Podcast
    MacMost
    Corporate Country Sucks
    Hawaiian Tropic Models
    Jazz Baragge
    In The Attic
    Maybe Hip
    Rock and Roll Geek Video
    XLR8R TV
    Happy Tree Friends
    Face the Nation
    Jet Propulsion Laboratory
    NASA
    Windows Media Guide
    Archive.org's Moving Image Archive
    Sesame Street
    KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic Video
    President Obama's Weekly Address

11. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

For $129.99 you could try something like the Veebeam HD -:)

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/more-news-your-google-tv-news-team/2306-veebeam-hd-review.html

12. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member