Quantcast

Limited selection for netflix??

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by hen12, Aug 25, 2012.

1. hen12

hen12 New Member

Hi,
    I just bought my Google TV Sony GS7. Living in Israel, I registered through one unblock-us.com to get a US IP.

Then I started Netflix, registered as a new user, gave my credit card number, and started the one month free trial they suggested.

After that, browsing the Netflix app through google TV, I can see there are only 75 movies per category.... 75 for comedy, 75 for thrillers...
    Where are all the thousands of movies? Is this beacuse it's a trial? beacuse it's google tv and then maybe it has a limited access??
    I clicked on the search, and tried "die hard", the result was - "can not find any match".... come on....

It made me very frustrated and thought about returning it to the store.

Can you help me with this or at least provide some logic explanation?

Thanks a lot,

Hen.

2. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

Well unblock-us.com does not give you a US ip. It uses dns methods to redirect certain urls. Anyway, you are doing something wrong. There are far more movies than that in Netflix. Go in a browser to Netflix.com and set things up again. Might be something trivial.

Philip

3. phoenixskyrider

phoenixskyrider New Member

There is no difference between an Israeli Netflix account and a US Netflix account. The only reason for which Netflix contents differ is your location. Like other US on-demand services, Netflix determines your location by tracing your IP address. I think Unblock-us did not help you in providing a US IP address. Netflix in Israel is just a clone version of Netflix in US. Most of the famous TV shows and Movies are unavailable in Israeli version of Netflix.
    I have found Hide My Ass VPN as the most reliable. You can try that.