Quantcast

liking this whole 3.1gtv but question about updates avail..

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Scuzzo, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

yep.. its not perfect but.. its quicker.. more polish more stuff to explore.. so digging it..
    but.. Updates Avail? its a bit cryptic.. every now and again i get a notice.. Updates are Avail..
    but when i click on the notice it takes me to my apps.. but there is no why of telling what app they are giving the notice for,, its a bit confusing...

and my second question..

I have installed launcher pro.. but every time i try to launch it , it never changes the launcher from the standard home one gtv provides..

so... google is confusing me a bit.. perhaps one of you cats who know the interface a bit better the I have some ideas of whats going on?

either way.. this beats the socks off of GTV2.1 even with the flash crashes.. mho..

2. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

For launcher pro try going to menu/ settings/ applications/ manage applications/ home app/ clear defaults. Now press your home key... You should be prompted to choose a launcher.

For the app updates not sure on that and can't check because husband is watching shrek LOL.

Sent from my VTAB1008/ giant remote

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

What are the advantages of Launcher Pro compared to the standard launcher that comes with GTV?

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Pretty much comes down to aesthetics and layout.

6. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

Yah. I actually like the default launcher for the notifications better. Maybe one day there will be a better alternate launcher available for gtv.
    LOL I tried to sideload SPB Shell 3D Launcher but it force closed. That would have looked sweet on the GTV though.