Quantcast

lge cosmo OTA Release 20121112 - v03.04.04.01 Update

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by jarrettv, Nov 16, 2012.

1. jarrettv

jarrettv New Member

I got the new voice update this morning.

Best new feature so far is ability to assign the color buttons at the bottom of the remote. This is saving me at least four button mashes it took to get to recorded tv previously.

Also, PrimeTime is pretty nice. I like being able to browse and still have TV playing in background.

Now we just need the ability to add local content as a source to the PrimeTime content.

See my post here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/113365530033690596670/posts/Jd4vMtiY45K

• Like Like x 4
  2. jarrettv

jarrettv New Member

Image of update screen.

$2012-11-16+08.16.11.jpg

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi thanks for your post. Can you please post the user agent (browser information) for the LG GTV television after the v 3.0 update? I'm curious to know if v 3.0 updated the version of the GTV Chrome browser. Currently all GTV users before the update are on a modified version of Chrome 11. You can find out your user agent by visiting this site:

Whats My User Agent?

After visiting the above web site - I was able to see that my user agent is:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.77 Safari/534.24

(As you can see I have a version of Chrome 11 browser modified for GTV). I am on the Logitech Revue OS 3.1.

Are you still on the Chrome 11 browser after the v3.0 update? Can anyone with the LG GTV television and the new v3.0 update verify please?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  4. jarrettv

jarrettv New Member

The user agent is the same as you posted above.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Thank you. The LG GTV television sounds great - but at least now I don't feel quite so terrible with my Logitech Revue -:)

6. webshark25

webshark25 New Member

Can someone please help me upgrade, whenever I try to manually do it, it keeps telling me that there are no upgrades available (LG G2 55 inch)

7. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

None of these updates are available for everybody immediately, the updates are rolled out in some unknown order, possibly randomly. Although some claim trying to force the update moves you up in the order, I can't tell that has ever been the case for me but I try the force update routine anyway since I doubt that would move me back in the line.

8. mcd2000

mcd2000 Active Member

Could you please steal some files from the system directory for me? Thanks. :)

9. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

the updates are rolled out in phases...so everyone will not get the update right away.

10. webshark25

webshark25 New Member

There is currently only an update for the 47' model... the 55' still isn't available... I just spoke to a LG rep.

11. kjgasner

kjgasner New Member

After the update on the one several apps like moodscape and fireplace are failing. Have reinstalled apps but still a no go.

Also unrelated can some one tell me how you can remove or edit the two primary screen cards that the TV came with. I see I can add a third card but its off the screen to the right and I have to click over to it. Mean while the two cards with apps on the front screen I don't use.

12. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

That's not the case. The LG Reps have no information as to which devices will get the updates first, So they would be unable to confirm whether one has an update versus the other.

13. webshark25

webshark25 New Member

Hmm, I don't know then. I called them and the person told me that but she didn't seem like she was too sure. Anyway, thanks for the info.

14. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

according to how google said the update will roll out, i would expect all LG GTV's to get the update by the end of the week. probably sooner.

15. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

i dont see that there is a way to delete the first two cards, and im not surprised as that is something that both LG and Google want you to see.

i see that the update has made PLEX into a premium app, so now i dont have to buy it and the Avia media player too. as well as play music.

16. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

ok im running into a problem because of this new update...

before when i went to my 'video input' list, i could select any of the controllable inputs and make them 'Make Default TV'...and that would allow me to click on the 'Live TV' icon in the home screen launcher bar, and it would also cause the TV to turn on to the current 'default tv'....

now, when i go to 'Video Input' and select a controllable input, it no longer gives me the option to make an input the 'make defaultTV' and so no when i turn my TV on, it doesnt go to the right input any more...

how do i make it so that when i turn my TV on it goes to a specific input? and if there is no more 'Make Default TV' option, what does the "Live TV' icon in the home screen, link to?

there were a lot more changes than what google said there were...

17. kjgasner

kjgasner New Member

I now see that I can simply move the two first cards (premium and 3D) to the far right and move my own card to the first page. This resolves my desire to delete them all together. To achieve this you simply click and hold with rolling ball the top of the card and drag it to the right and off the first screen. Maybe this was evident to many of you but it was a aha moment for me.

Still can not get several apps to run that ran before the update. For now I will just wait until they will hopefully get updated by the app developer. Those two apps were classic fireplace and moodscape.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

yea there is a lot of changes with this update. this is what i have noticed so far...

- the voice rcognition
    - youtube
    - primetime
    - the initial setup was changed (added energy saving option as step 8)
    - 'Make Default TV' was removed as an option in 'Video Input'
    - you can now add custom cards and move the cards around
    - Plex is premium app
    - Avia media player is premium app
    - Play Music is a premium app
    - THUUZ sports is premium app
    - OnLive is premium (i think, i dont remember if it was there)
    - setting up a video input, the steps were modified
    - setting up a built in tuner as a video input, the steps were modified
    - wasnt Pandora part of premium? now its gone

have you guys noticed any other changes? what says you?

19. Gaberlunzi

Gaberlunzi New Member

More changes:

- Picture in Picture interface is more intuitive, including option to have a larger PIP window.
    - Ability to assign actions to color keys.
    - OOPS: Fn+> and Fn+< keys on magic remote not controlling external amp volume unless TV speaker is disabled.

About the color keys. They are assigned from the popup menu when viewing a video input like Live TV or DVD player. They do not work in the apps, like Google Chrome. Some of the actions don't seem to do anything, such as the Live TV action that does not change the input back to Live TV. I would expect to see improvements to this in future updates, and hopefully we will eventually be able to use them in the apps. I am glad they rolled out this feature out even if it is not complete. The Recall and Info actions are nice.

20. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

Please guys keep listing any changes you have noticed...

i plan on compiling this info and sending it to LG...

having worked in the cust service industry i understand that the front line helpers sometimes dont have all the info, plus i want to give some good feedback to LG. ill ask if they can some how officially document my suggestions so that the engineers can get a hold of it.