Quantcast

LG update... can I get Flash back?

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by LG_Koch, Jan 22, 2014.

1. LG_Koch

LG_Koch New Member

I have a 47G2 3D tv just bought it about 3 months ago. got hit with a update a couple weeks ago that lost flash support. anyone know how i can get flash back or to revert back to old firmware?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. Unfortunately there is currently no way to get Flash back or revert to the old firmware. There are several workarounds for Flash - but thus far I've only read of one workaround that had acceptable video quality. That is using Splashtop along with a PC (see link below):

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...d-flash-workaround-gtv-jellybean-devices.html

Another workaound you could try is sideloading a browser such as the Puffin browser (see link below) - however from what I've read the video quality wasn't up to par. If you try Puffin browser please post about your results with it:

http://www.puffinbrowser.com/index.php

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  3. CatfishRivers

There are various methods people use for sideloading. I'll list 2 of the easier ways:

1) You can copy an APK on your mobile phone and then email it to your Gmail. Then open up the email with your GTV and just click the link (from within your email) to download the file. The APK will then download to your GTV device. You can then install it with ES File Explorer. (ES File Explorer is a free app that you can download from the Google Play Store).

2) You can use the following web downloader tool:

APK Downloader [Latest] Download Directly | Chrome Extension v2 (Evozi Official)

*To get started, enter the web URL of any app listed on the Google Play store and click the "Generated Download Link" button. The APK download app will fetch the APK file from the Google Play store and will host it on its own servers from where you downlaod the file. You can then install it with ES File Explorer.

Since the APK files are directly fetched from the Google Play Store, it's unlikely that the Android App will be infected with any malware. Also, to prevent app piracy, the APK downloader only lets you download free apps and games from the Google Play store, not the paid ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a thread with some more information about sideloading:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/sony-s-nsz-gs8-nsz-gs7/7525-sideload-apps.html

4. retroben

retroben Active Member

Flash Archive (scroll down to find android versions).

Archived Flash Player versions

FlashFox,Dolphin HD (xda flash hack),and a few other browsers for flash.
    The FlashFox browser USED TO not contain ads,but now it does.

SlideMe,Appchina,Wandoujia,Aptoide,and the 1mobile market app (the 1mobile site has download problems) for easy sideloading.

You should get the best (3.5) version of the 1mobile market app after installing aptoide market.

Go to the mobile Aptoide page by replacing www with m.

5. CatfishRivers

The GTV version of Flash on honeycomb devices is baked into the OS and was especially developed by Adobe to provide optimal performance on a big screen television. That's why all of these alternate browsers with Flash don't provide good video quality.

EricD has an LG GTV television and he tested the various workarounds. EricD stated Splashtop was really the only good quality alternative.

Some others with LG GTV mentioned that Flash either was choppy, 'didn't work'. or looked less impressive compared to the native Flash with GTV devices on Honeycomb. I haven't seen one post yet from an LG GTV user stating that they were pleased with the Flash quality after trying a workaround with an alternate browser.

6. retroben

retroben Active Member

Someone tech savvy should either hack the Android Flash for better quality,or try to port the desktop version to Android for maximum quality.

7. bobz

bobz Member

I strongly second that. If someone can do it it will be awesome.

8. mardukeme

mardukeme Member

9. retroben

retroben Active Member

You can find the older versions of FlashFox that are ad-free on the m.aptoide site.
    I wish I could remember which version started having ads so I can tell you which one to get.

Here is the aptoide link.

Android Application Versions | Aptoide Mobile - Own Your Android Market

You will need to install the advertised aptoide market app to download the actual APKs from opening the tiny files you receive.

For HoneyComb users,try to find the 4.0.2.1 version of aptoide,as newer versions are broken on HC.

10. mardukeme

mardukeme Member

They have a pro version as well that removed the ads, but is not free. I figure try the free version first if it works good, then if you want get the paid version.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

11. retroben

retroben Active Member

The Play Store reviews are up and down,some with problems,others running fine.

We really need to know how this runs on GTV JellyBean.

I am also curious about it running on the new Hisense JellyBean TVs I have read about.