Quantcast

Lg smart share- forever disconnecting

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by octechx, Jul 15, 2015.

1. octechx

octechx New Member

I have the lg67ga6400 google tv. The os runs natively on the tv. I found only some software to stream from my pc to my tv. And it was even made by Lg. It's called lg smart share.

Trouble is, the damn thing only works for about 35 mins then I have to restart the movie. It freezes on my tv and on the computer it just says error.

First I thought it was drm, but verified it wasn't.

Then I thought network issues but when running netstat I can't seem to find any packet loss anywhere on the network when it happens.

Then I was like ok maybe it's a wifi issue so I ran cat 5 to pc. Same issue.

I can play the movie for a random time then it freezes. Anyone have any insight. When I call lg for support the classic phone support just says "sir your tv will not do that"
    I say that's b*llsh*t that's what the tv was designed for. You even have software made specifically for that reason.

After a bit of research I found that the lg smart share software was discontinued shortly after it was released. I now think it's a coding error.

Point being. I want to stream from pc to my tv over my network. I'ved tried many apps that claim to do this. But almost all of them can't find the tv on the network.