Quantcast

LG Lifeband Touch

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by guest, Feb 24, 2014.

1. guest

guest Active Member

I think these Activity Trackers, in general, have a lot of potential. Some can even measure your quality-of-sleep! This one, supposedly, can be used with LG Smart TV's. (I imagine for data graphing/crunching tasks.)

Top 5 Activity Trackers 2014 - Smart Watch News

#2 Favorite Activity Tracker In Development – LG Lifeband Touch
    The LG Lifeband Touch will enter the fitness fray this year, boasting a unique and brilliant looking touchscreen OLED display. We just love OLED! In addition, the Lifeband Touch exceeds traditional Android and iOS smartphone compatibility, raising the bar to include interoperability with LG’s line of televisions. We assume that means at least basic TV remote control functions from the convenience of your own wrist. In addition, it sure would be nice if our TV knew when we had been sedentary on the couch for too long and reminded us to get up and shake our booty during the commercials. The Lifeband Touch will also sync with LG’s Heartbeat Headphones, a new wearable tech set of earbuds sporting an integrated heart rate monitor. LG products consistently provide an exceptional user experience and we hope that “easy to use” philosophy finds its way into the new Lifeband Touch.

2. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

sounds cool, though im sure that GTV will have nothing to do with this.

3. guest

guest Active Member

A lot of this technology is app-dependent. GTV has access to the Play Store and to side-loadable apps. So the platform may be down, but not out!

4. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

agreed, but LG's lifeband has nothing to do with GTV, even though its a cool device.

5. guest

guest Active Member

You need to up your intake of coffee! Did you even read what I wrote? I posted it in the LG Internet TV forum. The LG Internet TV is a "Google TV". Or would you disagree with that? The LG Lifeband Touch is compatible with the LG Internet TV.

6. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

so LG's Life Band will be supported by Google and their GTV OS? i think not. it makes no sense that this product support some other companies Internet TV. of course it makes sense for that lifeband thingy to be supported by LG smart TV's but not Google TV's....there is just no logic. i see what happened. you misunderstood the press release. LG internet TV means LG's Smart TV, while the GTV that LG manufacturers is not an LG Internet TV, its a Google TV manufactured by LG.

just a small amount of common sense, but alas, it is far from common.

7. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

This thread belongs in the off topic section, I have seen nothing that makes me believe that LG Lifeband Touch will be offered on Google TV models. The LG Internet TV forum title is a subforum to the Google TV Televisions Forum, not intended to be inclusive of all LG Internet TVs, just the Google TV models. I wouldn't want people to read this thinking they will get LG Lifeband Touch with an LG Google TV.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

Thank you! agreed, this Lifeband thing is only related to LG TV's not Google TV's.

9. guest

guest Active Member

This is how LG describes its "LG Internet TV", the phrase used by googletvforum.

LG says on their webpage for the product: DISCOVER LG SMART TV WITH GOOGLE TV!

LG Google TV: Discover LG?s new Google TVs | LG USA

There are things that I can't do on my Logitech Revue Google TV that can be done on a Sony Google TV, or one of the other GTV models. It was Google's decision to balkanize the platform. So no one should be confused, Chris, that something that can be done on an LG Internet Google TV can't be done on your Sony Google TV!

In no way was this an off-topic post. It was specific to the LG Internet TV, and ITS capabilities. I still maintain, but can't confirm as I don't own an LG Internet TV, that this Lifeband Touch will function with the LG Internet TV referred to in this forum, and which LG refers to as LG SMART TV WITH GOOGLE TV.

The one without common sense isn't me.

10. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

oh boy...

whatever you want to believe bub.

11. guest

guest Active Member

Are you f'n kidding me? Somebody's retarded on this forum and it ain't me. So you're saying this Lifeband device won't sync with the LG Internet TV device referred to in this forum. Yes? Confirm! I'll contact LG and post their reply. Fair enough?

12. guest

guest Active Member

Seven LG Smart TV's with Google TV were introduced in 2013.
    GOOGLE THIS: SEVEN NEW LG GOOGLE TV MODELS FOR 2013 - LG US Blog

The Lifeband Touch syncs with LG Smart TV's running Android 4.3 (jellybean) and 4.4 (kitkat).

**Lifeband Touch is compatible with iOS® 6 and iOS® 7 for iPhone® and iPod Touch®; Android™ 4.3 and 4.4; Android™ 4.2 for LG G2 and Galaxy S® 4 only.
    LG Activity Trackers: Android & iPhone Fitness Trackers | LG USA

Google Bumps Google TV To Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, LG Confirms It Will Update GTV Devices, Finally Support NDK

The LG Internet TV has the Jellybean update, but it's 4.2.2. So the Lifeband Touch won't work with it! You were partly right, and for the wrong reasons. I WAS WRONG. But as soon as the TV gets the 4.3 update, it will sync! I don't believe any of the other GTV's will ever reach 4.3. Even if they do, this Lifeband Touch only works with LG Smart TV's. But it's not the only Activity Tracker.

13. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

yes please contact LG and see what they say. i think i will also contact LG as well. i know their customer service is 1800-243-0000. im going to ask for a supervisor or an engineer as im sure they would know better than a normal customer service rep.

as you wish...i am confirming that i am saying that the LG Lifeband thingy will work with LG Smart TV's but not with the Google TV that LG manufactures the hardware for. each and ever link you jae provided as proof indicates to me that the lifeband thingy will work with LG smartphones, iPhones, and LG's Smart TV, but not the Google TV that LG manufactures.

none of the articles specifically mention Google TV support in relation to this lifeband touch thingy. this support you speak of is something that have just invented only because "LG internet TV's' and 'Android 4.2' were mentioned. it seems you are the only one whom believes this. numerous people including my self have dismissed the notion and not to mention the whole thread was moved to the off topic section, so even the moderators believe this device has nothing to do with Google TV.

14. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

so i contacted LG and they said, "We are not aware that the LG LifeBand Touch will be supported by Google TV's. This may change in the future, but as our press release indicates, the LG LifeBand Touch will be supported by LG Smart TV's (LG's Smart TV platform) as well as other platforms including several versions of Android and iOS. Currently we have not released any information that directly indicates Google TV support."

so even LG says that they did not indicate GTV support only LG smart TV's and other platforms but they, as they confirmed, never said it would support GTV.

this is what happens when you make assumptions and connect dots that were not previously connected. looks like i was right for the correct reasons and you were wrong, as you now admit you were.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014