Quantcast

LG GoogleTV 55GA7900 Packaging\Unit\Carton

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by theyc, Feb 13, 2014.

1. theyc

theyc New Member

Hey guys, I recently purchased LG GoogleTV 55" CLASS CINEMA 3D LED GOOGLE TV (55GA7900) from MicroCenter.

The TV package's carton is not sealed at the bottom like how its sealed at the top, but just 3 nylon strap wrapped around the unit.
    Is this how this TV's packaging comes with? Notice the brown inner package box with no seal.
    so, is the unit i got is new or used or open unit?

Its been 2 days since I bought this TV, didn't open it yet, and unable to contact local MicroCenter since Atlanta is covered in snow and all business are closed.

imgur: the simple image sharer

2. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

so when you received it, the brown cardboard at the bottom already exposed like that? if so then it was already open. basically the bottom of the box should have been closed up (tape or tabs) just like the top. it sounds like your unit was opened before or the seal was broken at the very least

3. ericd

ericd Active Member

I wouldn't be to concerned with the packaging as long as the straps were still in place. I can't remember how my 6400 was packaged but once you get it open you should be able to tell if it's a used unit. Just keep taking pics throughout the unpacking so you'll have proof

4. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

Best Buy did me that way because there was no papers,owners manual or warranty card included with product I purchased so I took it back.They argued with me but got another one from the back and opened it and it had all the papers with it.I got the manager and explained to him why I was so upset but he said it wasn't their policy.I demanded and got another unit.Jeff Lynch Appliance store sold me a TV that someone brought back because the box had been re-taped and the freaking TV wouldn't even come on.Got it exchanged after having a word with the manager.Wal Mart puts stuff back out that people decided they want to bring back and sells it as new.An employee told me that when I got a TV there on sale and it was a return cause the box was torn where someone else removed the tape.So it happens. Dishonesty must be part of their training but if you didn't buy a refurbished produce raise enough stink and they usually try to satisfy the customer.

5. theyc

theyc New Member

Thanks for the replies.

My TV unit is new. Opened it yesterday and loving it.