Quantcast

LG Google TV Magic Remote QWERTY question

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by 1scallawag, Nov 24, 2013.

1. 1scallawag

1scallawag New Member

Okay my first question is having the LG magic remote qwerty I would like A real instruction manual for this remote. A downloadable PDF file would be preferableI but I will take it any way I can get it. I read many customer reviews on my new LG 55 GA 7900–UA and reviewers were talking about assigning functions to certain buttons on the remote and other things I just don’t seam to be able to do with mine.
    I have searched the web to no avail one problem being the variety of magic remotes in production.
    My remote is the LG magic remote qwerty "I believe part number is AN-MR400Q”. It is the remote that does not have the red green yellow blue buttons on the front. The colored buttons are on the back sharing a key with the TV, PIP, INFO and DVR button.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. ericd

ericd Active Member

I could be wrong but I believe you can't assign any buttons. I have had a LG 6400 with the same remote for about 7 months. Once my tv was set up to my cable provider and audio system most of the buttons worked with a few exceptions.

Off the top of my head,
    the tab button on the keyboard side works the cable boxes "last channel"
    red FN button + z ... turns on/off cable box
    red FN button + x ... turns on/off stere

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  3. 1scallawag

1scallawag New Member

Thank You...nice to know about the tab key taking you back to the last channel. That was one of the things I was looking for. Just seems there should me a PDF manual to explain things like that.

4. ericd

ericd Active Member

I agree, the only reason I knew about the tab button was it worked that way on my old Sony GTV unit.

A couple other quickies, Fn + L is a period, Fn + 2 is the @ button. To activate 2d/3d control, push and hold the mute/3d button until prompt appears on screen. A tap will mute the tv.

Honestly I don't care much for the magic remote. Even after 7 months with the remote I'm still lost. It's the most un-intuitive remote I've ever used. The constant flipping back and forth drives me nuts.

If the Gen 1 Sony remote (the white one that looked like a game controller) had a backlit keyboard and voice control, it would be the perfect remote

$sony-google-tv-remote.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013