Quantcast

LG GA Series Audio

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by Louie, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Louie

Louie New Member

I understand there is one optical audio port on the LG GA TVs. Can anyone who has one of the newer LG GA series TV tell me if the audio out can handle Dolby or DTS and is it at lease 5.1?

thanks,

2. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

you can toggle a setting in the TV to output PCM stereo or a setting labeled 'Auto'. yes the TV shoudl allow for Dolby or DTS pass thru. DTS is less likely though since LG sets usually do not support DTS (but should still allow for it to pass thru)

3. Louie

Louie New Member

thanks this should help me make a decision after the 2013 Google I/O Conference.

4. tangfj

tangfj New Member

Has anyone verified if this works? Specifically passing through a DD signal from an HDMI input and outputting from optical? I was going to get the GA7900 but got side tracked when at BB and ended up with an open box Samsung 60 inch f8000 which unfortunately cannot take HDMI input and pass through DD sound via optical. Would appreciate it very much if anyone else has had success doing this with their GA6400 or GA7900. Thanks!

5. GadgetRick

GadgetRick New Member

I have not been able to get it to pass any digital audio out on my set. I can't find anything in any menus to toggle this. Where is it?