Quantcast

LG "G2" TV problems

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by skypros, Jul 30, 2012.

1. skypros

skypros New Member

This just started happing
    When I turn the TV on.... It shows (my default input source) Directv-HDMI, or Antenna.... It displays the Picture/sound just fine for 7-12 seconds..... then the screen goes blank.
    You have to press the "home" button on the LG remote for the TV to return the picture/sound.
    This a new glitch, as it didn't happen for the 1st week I owned the TV

Also what I have noticed is When I 1st turn on the TV and I try and press a button on the LG remote.... It displays "Please wait we are loading".
    It seems like when it is "done loading" that is when the screen goes blank.

I realize not many people own this TV, but was wondering if anyone else was having this problem?

2. luisgutier

luisgutier New Member

I tried to replicate your issue without luck. However, I have noticed in mine that the audio/video is not in sync sometimes after the TV has been on for a while. I have to turn the TV off and back on and the audio/video goes back to normal. That's the only problem I've found so far in the two weeks that I've owned the LG G2.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chimerabb

Chimerabb New Member

When you turn on Google TV and it goes black or it displays "Please wait we are loading" it means that TV is loading a lot of apps. Try this.
    Go to Menu. Select Home and All apps settings. Select Startup Applications. Choose the apps you need to start when you turn on your TV or select None.
    When you turn on TV and if lot of apps loads it will be out of memory and that's why the TV goes blank.

• Like Like x 2
  4. skypros

skypros New Member

Cool, There are people in the forum with this TV !

Chimerabb..... I tried your suggestion, and the only app that was on at start-up was the (default live TV)... Switched to none, did a power cycle... and switched it back to (default live tv) did another power cycle... and the result was the same.

luisgutier...... I have the same audio sync issue as you described.... and like you, I have to power cycle the Tv to get it back in sync.

Today I went in and RESET the TV back to factory settings (twice I did this)...... and through a process of elimination.... I found out it was a problem with how my DirecTV was set up on HDMI 1.
    I am no longer having the problem.

5. Chimerabb

Chimerabb New Member

I thought the suggestion will work. Anyway you are no longer having the problem.

6. alexzzz

alexzzz New Member

Hey skypros, I have directv also on hdmi 1 and having the same exact issue, going blank after a few seconds. what did you do to fix the issue? is it a directv issue or tv hdmi issue?

7. skypros

skypros New Member

On the initial set-up I configured HDMI 1 for DirecTV.... Hence making TWO names for HDMI input 1..... I got rid of the Video Input that had DirecTV...... So all I had was HDMI 1 only (which was what my DirecTV is hooked up to).

You should be able to just Delete the DirecTV labeled input.

8. alexzzz

alexzzz New Member

skypros, i see that i do have two HDMI input 1. so I deleted the one that say directv, and now only have hdmi 1. However when i turn off the tv, and turn it on, after 10 sec or so, the picture disappear. Hitting the home key brings it back and all is ok, until I turn off/on the tv again. Of course didn't noticed this on first boot of the tv. I have the for about 1 or 2 week or so before I noticed it. How long since you last reboot? Maybe I need to factory reset, but I'm afraid it's temporary solution. Or maybe the initial setup with two hdmi 1 input glitch it up.

9. skypros

skypros New Member

alexzzz.... it sounds like you are having the exact same problem I had..... I suggest doing a factory reset..... and hopefully you haven't spent to many hours customizing your TV.

Since the factory reset... I have had zero problems with the screen blanking out...... Now my issue is the audio sync, but I will start (or someone esle) can start a new topic about the audio sync, and how the volume goes in such small increments IE: going from volume level 20 to 50 is not all that louder.

10. alexzzz

alexzzz New Member

I haven't had a chance to do a factory reset yet. I don't have any sync sound issue. As for the volume, i sit about 12 feet away, and I only go up to 15-20, it's loud. but then again the internal speakers are crap, voice is not clear when there is other sounds in the movie. so I use a sound bar when im not watching news/weather.

Questions:
    Is there an audio return channel on hdmi port?
    Is there a way to access the 3d when watching through YouTube or media server app. If you aren't using the hdmi port or usb, it seems you can't use te 3d. Only exception is LG 3D world app. I'm not talkin about 2D to 3d, but the split 3d format icon is not available when using apps.

11. Chimerabb

Chimerabb New Member

Flip through the channels to see if the problem is happening on all channels or just one. If the audio and video is out of sync on one or two specific channel, the problem lies with your cable service provider and not with your setup. If the audio is out of sync on all channels make sure the cable that is connected to the back of your television is connected tightly and securely. If the cables are not connected into your TV properly it could cause the audio and video to go out of sync. If the cables are faulty this also may cause audio and video out of sync.
    If your HDMI port is version 1.4 there is an audio return channel.

12. belogical

belogical New Member

Anyone find a solution to the blank screen issue? I'm seeing the same thing on mine with DirecTV.

13. skypros

skypros New Member

belogical..... I think that you have to do a factory re-set.... and when you do your initial set-up.... It will ask if you have cable or satellite... just tell it that you don't have satellite or cable....

14. Mark355

Mark355 New Member

I'm glad I found this group. I too started having this problem, i.e. the blank screen exactly as the leading post described. I originally called LG for help.....pretty much a waste of time. I then called Crutchfield, they couldn't get their set to act up. So they said that they were going to send me a replacement......I didn't think that we were there yet feeling that it was a firmware issue, but they said that they would send one. You guessed it, after a few days, the same issue.......so it must be a programming conflict. After doing a factory reset this morning, all is well again. Also, just like skypros suggested, I have this set pretty much in monitor mode. I haven't even done a off the air scan for the tuner set up. We'll see. Surely LG will send some type of firmware update to fix this. Maybe they rolled this one out a bit to soon! lol Thumbs up to Crutchfield for their customer service.

15. deziking

deziking New Member

Hey guy's I just got the 55 g2 today. Hooked up my dishnetwork receiver to the tv via av cables. When I'm at home menu and the dishnetwork live channel comes on but I hear loud humming noise from the speakers. But when I switch to local channels noise goes away. What's going on here? :confused:

16. skypros

skypros New Member

Mark355.... I think you are safe to do an "Off Air" scan, as I have not had a single problem with the built in tuner (blank screen or otherwise).

17. belogical

belogical New Member

ugggg, i really don't want to do a factory reset. seem so silly since i just set up the TV. looking like I am avoiding the inevitable though...

18. Mark355

Mark355 New Member

Oh well, it's back to the blank screen again. Obviously the "work around" isn't a big deal.......but for $1,700.00 it shouldn't do this!

19. belogical

belogical New Member

So are you saying that you did a factory reset, and the issue went away, and is back again Mark?

20. Mark355

Mark355 New Member

Yep, after a factory reset it took a couple of days and it's back. Doesn't matter if it is on the antenna feed or the Dish/HDMI feed, same result. I have to believe that LG has been notified of this by now, and hopefully a firmware update will take care of it.....otherwise a killer set.

Thanks,

Mark