Quantcast

LG G2 App picture quality

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by trublond, May 16, 2013.

1. trublond

trublond New Member

I currently have an LG 47 G2 and a Sony NSZ-GT1 and the picture quality of the built in apps (Amazon OD, Plex) are not a good as if I watch them using my Sony NSZ-GT1 that is connected to my LG 47 G2. Is anybody else noticing a "Ghosting" problem using these apps on the TV? Is it the apps? Picture quality outside of the apps is great. Damn I want to love this TV.

Thanks!!!

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are comparing apples to apples, using exactly the same calibrated setting for both sources? Picture quality can vary greatly on any HDTV dependent on how it is calibrated. I have a dumb LG HDTV, not Google TV, used with a Sony NSZ-GT1, I use it with the ISF Expert 1 mode. LG HDTVs are among the most flexible in terms of how each input or source can be calibrated. If you are comparing a calibrated picture on HDMI input to a non calibrated picture, I would expect a difference. Even though I calibrated my display myself, not an ISF calibration, I use that mode just because it is easy for me to remember. My NSZ-GT1 picture quality looks the same as other sources for the same content when used with that same ISF Expert 1 setting.

If you aren't familiar with the various picture modes on your LG HDTV, check the menu under Picture Mode to see if the HDMI input used with the NSZ-GT1 is the same as the internal Google TV Picture mode. I use various calibration discs, Disney WOW was used with my LG display, I hate them all, all are clumsy for me to use and boring but WOW is the least offensive one I have used. If you are happy with the mode used with the NSZ-GT1 and aren't using the same picture settings with the internal Google TV do that and see how that works.

I have not read anything about LG Google TV app picture quality being any different than other Google TV models but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.