Quantcast

LG Expects Sales Of Google TVs To Rise Sharply

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, May 25, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

This article mentions that LG is selling 10,000 Google TVs per month. That doesn't seem like a large amount to me - but apparently LG is satisfied with it. They are looking to expand their GTV line into China:

LG Expects Sales of Google TV-Infused HDTVs To Rise Sharply - HotHardware (click for full article)

by Ray Willington - May 24, 2013

"Well, well -- the fight for the living room continues. With Microsoft marketing the Xbox One not as a game console, but as an "all-in-one" living room product, it's clear that consumer companies are intently interested in claiming the eyeballs of those plopped down in front of the television. Google TV was Google's own effort to accomplish that, but it never really went anywhere. That said, there's always time for a second chance, and LG is looking to make that happen."

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I want LG to make a Blu-ray player with Google TV, the displays are great but not everybody can afford one of those. I have to assume LG has looked at a Blu-ray model and dismissed it as not feasible in this market.