Quantcast

LG 55lm620s - Google Tv

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by lultimo, Dec 5, 2013.

1. lultimo

lultimo New Member

Hello there,
    I'm really annoyed by lg smart tv sw (lg 55lm620s) and I was wondering if any geek had some clue or advice in order to improve my experience.
    Is it possible to use Lg Google Tv sw on a non native lg google tv?
    please :)

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

No way to adapt Google TV to run on the TV itself but you can use a Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV or other Google TV box on an LG HDTV, connected to an HDMI input. I am doing that with an LG HDTV. I am probably the biggest Google TV fan anywhere but I know how to use the devices to suit my needs, it appears to me most users either don't want the things it does or can't figure out how to use it so I can't promise you aren't going to be more annoyed by Google TV than you are by your smart TV. I do think if you are willing to make the effort to figure out how to use Google TV, it is better than your smart TV or any other smart TV platform, it is capable of much more.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lultimo

lultimo New Member

thanks a lot Chrisg8

such a shame I can't solve without an external set top box. I wished I could do like I'm doing with my phones with rooting and kind of things.

Talking about features, I'm a little bit nerdy, but I love simple things as well, so I think I'm gonna try it.

Hope this sony device won't be obsolete within a few months (talking about updates & hardware requirements).

Do you have experience with google play movies?

thanks again

L

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Yes, I use Google Play movies with Google TV, also Vudu, M-Go, and Netflix. If simple is the overriding factor, Roku is very popular, I own it and use it some as well. There is a lot of overlap between Google TV and Roku, Google TV does quite a lot more but of the things both do, Roku is usually easier or better. As things stand now, I use Roku for ESPN3, which was just recently added and not much else, Google TV is used often.

I can't promise Google TV will be supported for years to come, neither can anybody else, but I do know the chances are a lot better if people will buy it and make the effort to learn to use it.

5. lultimo

lultimo New Member

surely i will, as soon as it will be avaiable in my country........... italy is never considered from bigG
    maybe we'll obtain directly an android tv set box skipping the GTV step..who knows
    thanks agai ChrisG8