Quantcast

LG 55" Google TV Problems??! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by Andrewr2488, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Andrewr2488

Andrewr2488 New Member

Just bought the LG Google TV about two months ago and already experiencing problems. Yesterday I was using Netflix app to watch a movie with my son. I wanted to turn down volume, when I lowered volume with remote the tv showed that the volume was being lowered but the actual volume did not lower. I tried maxing out volume and lowering volume to 0 but the tv volume never changed. I tried to exit Netflix but it wouldn't let me do that either. I turned off the tv and when I turned it back on it just stays on the "LG Life's Good" grey background screen with white lettering and pink colored LG logo. It doesn't let me go past that screen and never boots up to watch tv or anything past that screen!! What has happened? I called conns which is my place of purchase for this tv, and they have a tech who will be calling to set up an appt but maybe I could fix before then? Maybe there's a way to reset the tv???

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I don't own the LG GTV but I suggest trying to unplug it first.

I came across these instructions (see link below) for accessing the service menu on LG televisions. Give this a try and see if you can get it to factory reset from the service menu:

LG Service Menu - Factory Reset

3. Andrewr2488

Andrewr2488 New Member

cons technician came and said the main board went out.. Odd

4. CatfishRivers

Did you try to do a factory reset from the LG service menu?

5. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

if the tech had gotten wind that you had accessed the service menu, then the manufacturer warranty would have been voided.

it is possible that the main board has gone bad. its a common issue among all flat screen TV's. (common like saying 'you need to replace the seals on your transmission')

6. Andrewr2488

Andrewr2488 New Member

I never accessed any service menu. The only thing I can do is power on/off the tv. Tried the resets none worked, the tech also tried resets and nothing worked, which is when he said the main board went out. They just received the part so I'm planning them to fix it this Monday.

7. CatfishRivers

Hmmm. It does sound strange to me because your TV is so new. Although one could also use the logic that if your TV shipped with a faulty main board from the factory - you would probably notice it relatively soon. I'm glad that your TV is still under warranty. Good luck!