Quantcast

LG 42LB5D hd tv didn't detect my revue saying no signals.

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by donaldkdc, Oct 8, 2011.

1. donaldkdc

donaldkdc New Member

I have a lg42lb5d hd tv connected to the revue via a hdmi cable, but tv said no signal. I've tried many different ways of plugging cables in&out and even replaced with new cable VIZIO, still not working... no signal. help!

2. vetvito

vetvito New Member

Have you tried a different HDMI port?

More details so we can help.

3. donaldkdc

donaldkdc New Member

Yes i have. Hdmi 1,2, and 3 all of them. Some people say trying different cables may work. I bought new hdmi cable and hooked up. still not working. I tested this cable with another lg hd tv in my room and this one works good. Somehow my LG42lb5d hdtv in living room doesn't detect the Revue device thru hdmi cable connection.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Is this just the Revue? Or is it the Revue and a set-top box? First, I recommend testing it without the set-top box and pressing [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] after each switching ports. HDCP is kind of flaky and doesn't take to on-the-fly plugging.

5. donaldkdc

donaldkdc New Member

Do i need a set-top-box for watching internet streaming video? my tv is a high definition tv with 1080p resolution. I am not familiar with STB... just try to connect hdtv to revue with hdmi cable.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No, you don't. I just wanted to understand your connectivity better. There are similar threads to yours but not described appropriately; where the Google TV portion displays fine but the output of the connected set-top box is not showing. So, when people say, "its not working", I just have to figure out exactly what isn't working.

Yes, that should work fine. The only thing you have to worry about is that the Logitech Revue can establish an HDCP handshake between the television and the Revue. Have you try rebooting the Revue after you connected to the different inputs? Is your television HDCP compliant?

7. donaldkdc

donaldkdc New Member

Sorry i don't know what HDCP is, but i googled and found out it means a sort of high-bandwidth digital content protection....Yes i did reboot the Revue and put HDMI cable into TV, but not working either. How do i check my tv is HDCP compliant?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  8. vetvito

vetvito New Member

Ok, now we know its not the box.

Do you have anything else to test the TV? Game system? DVD player, etc....

9. donaldkdc

donaldkdc New Member

Yes, i have a dvd player to test tv and it works very well. Question? Based upon tv features, tv accepts signals up to 1080p 60hz (HDMI input v1.2a) while as Revue's HDMI output is 1080p/60fps, 1.3a w/cec. Do you think it is because of low version of hdmi 1.2a on tv? Is it the connection problem to use my current HDMI cable provided by Revue Package box with tv?

10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) will shutdown the video signal at the source in order to prevent copying.

You may have it backwards, you should reboot the Logitech Revue AFTER you plug in the cable into the television not prior.

The product manual or the manufacturer's technical support

That is possible.

Probably not if it also works on the other television.

11. surprisinguy

surprisinguy New Member

My tv is 1.2 and it works fine