Quantcast

Let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by alvysyngr, Nov 11, 2011.

1. alvysyngr

alvysyngr New Member

Logitech is sitting on an update for the Revue and releases a statement saying they will be retiring the Revue and called the product and release a mistake and had nothing positive to add. How can it be legal to make so many empty promises, not deliver and then cancel the product? ugh. I will never buy another logitech device. any eta on the update or just a big f you?!?

2. Rusty37

Rusty37 New Member

I share your frustration, but it's still unclear whether the Revue will receive the recent Honeycomb update. With it, at least, the Revue will be useful until something similar is announced.

3. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

I do believe the Revue will see the Honeycomb update eventually. I do not think we can hope for anything further though, such as ICS. I fortunately am one of the $99.00 crowd. I do really feel for those that purchased the Revue at the original price. I also think the harmony element is a huge part of what most consumers want in our future GTV devices.

4. gtv_brown

gtv_brown New Member

Those of you who can't wait for our big software update to reach your Logitech Revue, stay tuned! It's coming in the next few weeks.

-Google TV Matt

5. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Howdy Matt! :)
    Do we have any hope of seeing ICS in the future? Cheers!

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

How would he know?

7. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps Google knows if there are any impediments (excluding Logitech) to the hardware, implementing ICS. I would suppose they operate well into the horizon. :)

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I still haven't seen any proof that he or the other guy even works for Google nor at what capacity. As far as I know, he could just be someone sitting at a cafe on Google's Campus and posting stuff from their guest WiFi network. It seems odd to me that the only thing that has ever been posted by either of them are news and links which are already publicly available.

• Like Like x 2
  9. gtv_brown

gtv_brown New Member

From this article:

Will we see Ice Cream Sandwich in the next generation of Google TV hardware?While there is no doubt that new hardware is coming in 2012, and no doubt that Google TV will be upgrading to Ice Cream Sandwich- the exact timing of when Ice Cream Sandwich is coming to Google TV has not been determined.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

What do you expect from ICS ? In my oppinion ICS will be a cool update for cellphone but what new functionnallities it will bring to GTV and tablet ? Game controller ?
    If google were releasing the same version with a new clock widget and cool wallpaper and a funny name everyone would kill to get this update.

11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Game controllers already work with Android 3.1 (Honeycomb).

12. MStrawder

MStrawder New Member

The one thing that needs to happen to really enhance GTV isn't just another software update. While HC's sleeker interface and bug fixes will be welcomed, the addition or more content will be what allows this platform to really excel.