Quantcast

Latest firmware, loaded 4/30/11.... Netflix issues now

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by biggerbyte, May 1, 2011.

1. biggerbyte

biggerbyte New Member

Since downloading the latest firmware, Netflix gives me an error while trying to stream a movie. It is as follows:

"Netflix can't be watched instantly at this time. Please try again later."

I had to leave Netflix, then come back again before I could watch anything at all.

Anyone else?

2. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

I've been having similiar intermittent streaming problems with Netflix since the update also.

3. biggerbyte

biggerbyte New Member

I have not had time to research it, but from what the news, as well as Netflix is telling me, Sony somehow got hacked. Apparantly the Playstation Network is down, etc., etc..
    Sony has been scrambling to security patch some things. One of these things is our NSZ-GT1. This latest firmware update was/is apparantly just that.

The problem with it is, in the rush to get these things out, they are going to be one if those patch now, fix later deals. I'm convinced this firmware has screwed the Netflix pooch. Guess who pays the price.. It is not enough that my rig gives me other annoying issues, one being choppy video in everything but live tv now, including Netflix, but now this. So what now? Wait for a patch to fix the patch?

To anyone else who may get this error when trying to stream a movie.. Simply close Netflix and open it again. It may be a temporary fix for that session, but at least you can watch your show.

4. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

I have a Revue, not Sony.

5. grhomes

grhomes New Member

Has anyone had any issues playing 5.1 channel audio inside the netflix application? Is it only available for the PS3?

6. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

Google TV (all platforms) doesn't currently support 5.1 for Netflix.

7. TDavidFranklin

TDavidFranklin New Member

I have been unable to watch any Netflix movies since Saturday April 30, 2011 We called Netflix they say their system is fine we called Logitech they said it is a Known Issue
    They will email me when they have a fix, perhaps we need to suspend Netflix for a while so we are not paying for something that Logitech Revue and Google TV messed up. I had been using Google TV since it first came out with no Netflix problems until last weekend.
    I think Google and Logitech owe me some money to pay my Netflix bill that I cant use.
    Thomas David Franklin

8. kryzdafer

kryzdafer New Member

I have been having a similar issue since the patch. I had to do a factory restore on the sony set top box, re-register for netflix and it worked.

It sucks factory restoring but it restored my netflix

good luck

9. Silkolive

Silkolive New Member

I have a 46" Sony googletv. I let it update when it prompts me. Recently the "enter" button on the controller hasn't been working so well in Netflix. Now it won't work to select movies at all. It will work in other apps and menus, I just can't get it to play movies in Netflix. I tried restarting the tv, restarting the app, replacing batteries... Mashing the button...hitting other buttons. (the "play" button looked like it was working, but it didn't actually start the movie). Please help!

10. getfuggled

getfuggled New Member

I think everyone is having the same problem with Netflix at the moment :(

11. sgathaich

sgathaich New Member

yeap... everyone is having the same issue...

12. sgathaich

sgathaich New Member

"Try clearing your cache and cookies, it worked for me." -ExER101

13. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. Looks like I missed a shet storm last night with Netflix. I woke up today and tested that Netflix is indeed working again without any intervention on my end. It appears as though Netflix had once of those device outages last night. This has happened to me in the past with either my iPad or Xbox. If this happens to you on any device make sure you report it to Netflix from the "Your account & help" link from the website. Netflix will typically issue you a credit for your inconvenience.