Quantcast

L Key on K700 Keyboard issue

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Alaska4Me, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

anyone else using the K700 keyboard notice that the L does not always work?
    I've noticed this before in my Revue days..and its happening again..but it manages to work again at some point..

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

No, I have several of these keyboards and haven't noticed any issues with the L key. Do you have two of the keyboards? If the L key doesn't work reliably on two, I would consider that really strange but if the L key didn't work reliably when used with the Revue and now again with the Co-Star, using the same keyboard, I would conclude the keyboard is the issue. There may be some steps to take to try to fix the issue if it is keyboard related, search the internet for suggestions.

3. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

I recently purchased the K700 keyboard but I haven't opened it yet. Is there some special steps to set up this keyboard with the NSZ-GT1 or is it just plug and play?

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ChrisG8

Mrspock, I think the unifying receiver included with the K700 keyboard should already be paired with the keyboard and if so, just plug the receiver into the USB port and it will work. If not, using a PC download and install the Logitech unifying software from the Logitech site, run the software with the USB receiver inserted and K700 keyboard in hand, nothing much to do, instructions are simple.

• Like Like x 4
  6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Thanks ChrisG8 I think you are probably right. If somebody buys the new K700 keyboard it comes with the unifying receiver included - and from what I've read it should come pre-paired. So then it would be plug and play. If someone is using their original Revue keyboard then they would need to obtain the unifying receiver and go through the pairing process.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  7. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot this weekend.

8. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Here is also step by step (w/Logitech link to download & install the unifying software) on how to pair K700 w/ Co-Star ...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

Chris,of all times to mention this,guess what happens? it clears up..it never fails!! here I was typing for awhile and the L would go AWOL on me...then there it is clear as day! this time it only lasted a few days

10. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

If you give Logitech a call,and tell them you have the K700 keyboard they will send you a free "unifying receiver" but I've found by experience,you're better off getting one for about 4 to 6 dollars on amazon,it comes alot quicker

11. ChrisG8

Good news, hopefully the issue doesn't return. For all I know it could have been a dust particle caught behind the L key which dislodged and fell to the ground. I love the K700 keyboard and hope mine hold up for a lot of years.

12. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

me too hope that was all it was..in happier news bring on the jelly bean lol

13. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

Wonder if Logitech will kick themselves and come back to the table with an ARM Box,after changing up their management..
    they had a good box/keyboard..their customer service was awesome I'll give them high marks there,but it took forever to get from 3.1 to 3.2..