Quantcast

Koushik Dutta Demos Android Mirroring on Chromecast

Discussion in 'Google TV News' started by dgstorm, Feb 17, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Moderator Staff Member

Just last week Koushik Dutta was teasing that he might have Android mirroring ready for the Chromecast soon. He must have worked hard on it all weekend, because he has already put up a video demo of the mirroring in action. While the video demo is obviously not the same thing as a release (beta or otherwise), it's still great to see that he is quite a bit closer to bringing this functionality to the public.

As an homage (or a big joke - we aren't sure which), Koush used Flappy Birds as an example of what he can mirror. You will notice there is still a bit of lag, but that is to be expected. Eventually, Koush plans on bringing this Android mirroring functionality to his AllCast app. We will keep you updated!

Source: Google+ - Koushik Dutta

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

this is about the most interesting thing i have seen for Chromecast... it will pretty much negate my GTV... once i can throw a well rendered page to the chromecast and browse it from there or perhaps even xbmc.. and if Plex ever gets there stuff together opens plex pass to general public. i hate the phone orientation of the demo... there should be a tablet doing 16 by 9,,, but who knows... i do think that chrome cast is the death knell of GTV.. if i can take every thing i can do with my nexus 7 and just fling it to the big Samsung... why have google tv... unless im tied to some cable box and want that neat guide and stuff... but Hulu+ on chrome cast and Netflix and Pandora Youtube... is a much more polished experience mho... if you have a phone or tablet with enough horse power... and thats just 2core running JB.. every google tv experience i have tried just flatout pails in comparison and im not keen on rolling the dice again.. not to mention the momentum of those silly android tv boxes from china.. yep.. Chromecast is looking really cool for 35 bucks and your old android phone.. you can turn your tv into a big HD cellphone.... pretty cool..

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014