Quantcast

Korean Script - Hackers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by chicha29, Dec 13, 2011.

1. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

When I logged in to this website Memo To Me - Free Reminder Service this morning, the whole screen was in Korean script. Also, just a short while ago, I went to one of my bookmarks that contained an Amazon book review and in the right hand column was a small advertisement - actually it was unreadable Korean script, below it was the word advertisement. Seeing it on the Amazon site, too, concerned me. If you go to Memo To Me - Free Reminder Service and see the Korean script, is that called a denial-of-service-attack?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No, a denial of service attack is when they have inundated the servers so hard that the server is no longer able to respond to service requests. I'm not exactly sure what's going on from your end. I'm guessing something is either spoofing your requests or somehow you've identified yourself as being from Korea.

• Like Like x 2
  3. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

In settings, there is an option for Korean, and I had been checking the various scripts to see how they looked, but I currently don't have Korean checkmarked. I'll doublecheck, but the Amazon site was all in English, but for that ad, and other sites I've checked are all in English.

• Like Like x 2
  4. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

I just changed the script from Unicode UTF-16LE to Unicode UTF-8. It's back to normal now. Yesterday, I thought I'd check out Unicode UTF-16LE. I didn't expect the result I got! There is a separate Korean script for that language, identified as such in settings.

• Like Like x 2
  5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Hehe. Well, I'm glad the only person being malicious was you. loljk